Re: [RangeVoting] WDS attempts to start a personal blog

  • Florian Lengyel
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 6 5:47 PM
      Unsolicited comment on point 3 of
      http://wdstalks.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-future-of-computers-ai-artificial.html

      The problem to ensure that an unreliable subject cannot acquire a right to
      an object in an operating system is undecidable in general, and solutions
      in special cases are very difficult to obtain (cf. Michael A. Harrison,
      Walter L. Ruzzo, and Jeffrey D. Ullman. 1976. *Protection in operating
      systems<http://www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/ninghui/readings/Qual2/Harrison-Ruzzo-Ullman76.pdf>
      *. Commun. ACM 19, 8 (August 1976), 461-471.).

      Cory Doctorow's talk, "The Coming War on General Computation,"
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HUEvRyemKSg touches
      on related themes.

      As for the singularity, have my own graphic of Kurzweil's supplement
      consumption rate in units of pills-per-day from 2006 until 2045, Kurzweil's
      predicted year of the singularity, depending on three outcomes (friendly
      AI, unfriendly AI and very unfriendly AI), but I'll wait until the
      singularity or until someone asks before sharing the link.

      Florian Lengyel, Ph.D.
      gmail/skype/twitter florianlengyel

      On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 8:20 PM, WarrenS <wds@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > http://wdstalks.blogspot.com/

    • ⸘Ŭalabio‽
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 7 6:22 AM
        The blog requires JavaScript to work. For security, I and many others, have all plugins disabled.
      • Dale Sheldon-Hess
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 7 10:06 AM
          On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 5:22 AM, ⸘Ŭalabio‽ <Walabio@...> wrote:

          > The blog requires JavaScript to work. For security, I and many others, have all plugins disabled.

          The RSS feed doesn't.

          --
          Dale