Money and Elections: Can People Beat Dollars?

  • Stephen Unger
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2012
      As we see billions of dollars spent promoting major party candidates
      in our elections, many people are moved to fight to get laws enacted
      to cap such expenditures and/or to get some sort of public funding for
      election campaigns that would help third parties. But Supreme Court
      decisions thwarting such efforts, are leading to calls for a
      constitutional amendment. Is this the best way to cope with this truly
      difficult problem? I believe there are better ways in which people
      working in the interest of the great majority of Americans can use
      their time and energy. These ideas are sketched in an essay accessible
      from,

      http://www1.cs.columbia.edu/~unger/myBlog/endsandmeansblog.html

      Steve

      Stephen H. Unger
      Professor Emeritus
      Computer Science and Electrical Engineering
      Columbia University
    • Stephen Unger