Re: UK will vote "no" on IRV?

  • bob
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2011
      --- In RangeVoting@yahoogroups.com, Raph Frank <raphfrk@...> wrote:
      > OTOH, maybe defeat will make them more directly push for PR. If they
      > had insisted on PR, then maybe that would have been more popular.

      I thought that they pushed for PR, but the Tories outright rejected it and would only accept a referendum for AV.
    • Raph Frank
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2011
        On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 9:03 AM, bob <elfstone50@...> wrote:

        > I thought that they pushed for PR, but the Tories outright rejected it and would only accept a referendum for AV.

        Right, but one of the arguments being presented is that even the Lib
        Dems don't want this change.

        If the voters won't accept IRV, then there is no point in keeping on
        pushing for it (esp, since they don't really want it)