Upcoming British election, voting system screwing it up again

  • WarrenS
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2010
      Guardian Editorial:
      "If the Guardian had a vote it would be cast enthusiastically for the Lib Dems. But under our discredited electoral system some people may -- hopefully for the last time -- be forced to vote tactically to ensure a progressive government..."

      http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/apr/30/the-liberal-moment-has-come

      The "Observer" also backs the LibDems, and the LibDem leader Clegg was
      widely regarded as having won the first 3-way televised debate (Clegg vs Brown vs Cameron)... however, it seems almost certain that thanks to the voting system
      Clegg will not become PM, the LibDems will remain the 3rd party, and Cameron (Conservative) will get the most support, albeit it will probably be a nonmajority parliament.