Gautami Talks Bout her Divorce with Madhur

  • gem1900us
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 12, 2003
      "Though having a failed marriage behind her it was Gautami's faith in
      the marital bond and in her self that helped her take the leap of
      marrying once again."

      Gautami Kapoor, Actress

      With a failed marriage behind her, well-known television actress,
      Gautami is looking at life more positively. Starting afresh, she has
      tied the knot with her co-star, Ram Kapoor. Married to Ram for almost
      nine months now, Gautami feels that her first marriage has taught her
      a great deal about love and life.

      Support system
      "Basically, I have always been a very sensitive person. So I was
      really devastated when my marriage ended. My family gave me
      tremendous strength to overcome the greatest tragedy in my life. They
      nudged me to accept reality and awakened the fighter in me, which I
      didn't know existed. The whole experience has taught me the
      importance of family in our lives."

      'I faced a lot of flak'
      "Mine was not a bitter separation and though there were no ill
      feelings, I had to face a lot of flak from the society. People told
      me I was making a wrong decision but I was firm. Many of us are
      afraid of leaving a bad relationship for the fear of being alone and
      the reaction of the society."

      Communication, the key
      "I would never communicate my true feelings and that was probably the
      reason why my first marriage broke up. Communication is extremely
      important as it opens up channels of discussion and debate. Ram and
      my parents were instrumental in helping me cope with my problems.

      Every bad experience teaches you a valuable lesson. My experience has
      taught me to live for the moment; that life is too short to be
      running scared. I don't apply the lessons from previous marriage to
      this one, because I don't compare the two relationships. Every
      relationship is unique and must be approached differently."

      Walk in with your eyes open
      "It is my sincere appeal to all the girls out there to be patient and
      not to get into any relationship without really thinking and knowing
      what's best for you. Break-ups are not cool, but no matter what the
      situation is don't let the world get you down."

      Wonderful moments of the present
      Gautami successfully put behind her past and with strong faith
      instilled in the institution of marriage she wed her co- actor Ram
      Kapoor.
      GEM
      "Under no circumstances is any other group or person permitted to
      copy any of the pics or either of the articles"
    • Rajwinder
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 17, 2003
        i didn't know she was divorced!
        who was her first husband
        how old is she and Ram?
        they make such a cute couple :)
      • gem1900us
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 18, 2003
          Her ex was Madhur Shroff who was a commercial photographer. They were
          married for around 4 yrs i think. There are pics of her first wedding
          too, if ur interested, in the photo section of this group in the
          album titled "Gautami Gadgil"...if u view all the pics u will see it
          somewhere midway.
          Gautami turned 30 this june and Ram we are assuming is the same age
          but 2 months younger than her (his b'day is on the 1st of sept)
          and yeah they do luk cute together
          GEM
          --- In RamKapoor_GautamiGadgilBoulevard@yahoogroups.com, "Rajwinder"