IMPORTANT INFO RE: Loxley Abbey summer camp

  • DeDe
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2010
      Reminder for EVERYONE to sign up on the data base, even if you are part of the planning committee so that others can see who will be there. This may impact other peoples interest in participating. Thank-you

      There is no charge for the camp, however there may be a charge to cover costs for any particular activities. Specifically we will likely be doing tie dye one day & we will need to collect monies to cover the cost of the dye. Everyone will be responsible for bringing their own t-shirts to dye. Once we have a final count of the number of people participating we will let everyone know what the total cost will be. Note that we will strive to keep the costs to a minimum & that if money would prevent you from participating we will figure out a way to make it work. No one will be left out.

      Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

      Kathy
    • Wanda
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2010
        We're new to the group, and my daughter saw this. She would like to know what the age group is for the camp. She's 13, and she wants to meet "other kids like me". She doesn't really have many friends in NC. We moved here from Florida, and she didn't have time to make many friends in public school before health issues made it difficult for her to continue going.

        Namaste,
        Wanda

        --- In Raleigh_Pagan_Homeschoolers@yahoogroups.com, "DeDe" <bertrandacademy@...> wrote:

        > Reminder for EVERYONE to sign up on the data base, even if you are part of the planning committee so that others can see who will be there. This may impact other peoples interest in participating. Thank-you
        >
        > There is no charge for the camp, however there may be a charge to cover costs for any particular activities. Specifically we will likely be doing tie dye one day & we will need to collect monies to cover the cost of the dye. Everyone will be responsible for bringing their own t-shirts to dye. Once we have a final count of the number of people participating we will let everyone know what the total cost will be. Note that we will strive to keep the costs to a minimum & that if money would prevent you from participating we will figure out a way to make it work. No one will be left out.
        >
        > Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
        >
        > Kathy

      • Kathy Bertrand
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 3, 2010
          Hi Wanda,

          Currently I know that there is a 14 yr old & 11 yr old girls attending the camp. My dd, Nicole is 11 & she is pretty mature for her age. We are also originally from FL, although we moved to NC just prior to dd turning 4, so we have been here awhile. I think it would be wonderful for your daughter to come out & meet all of us.  I love having a mix of ages because it is great for the older kids to help out with the younger ones and learn together as we go. Kathy