educational sites

  • clarissa
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2008
      Okay, so we're self-professed computer geeks here--my husband thinks I
      should publish a book on all the sites we've found to help with our
      lessons. Anyways, I thought this one I found last year might be cool
      to share. It's just a basic demo program but it's free and a good
      addition to elementary school biology lessons. Plus, you can dissect a
      virtual frog don't have to harm a real one!

      http://www.froguts.com/flash_content/index.html

      I also found a link last year when we were studying Egyptology where
      you can embalm a virtual body to mummy.

      http://oi.uchicago.edu/OI/MUS/ED/mummy.html

      ...and here's another link to where you can do virtual knee and hip
      surgery--Willow really liked this one because her grandma has had knee
      replacement surgery and she was able to understand it better:

      http://www.edheads.org/activities/knee/