New Member Intro

  • Jennifer
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 24, 2005
      Hi,
      I just joined the list (last night) and I wanted to introduce myself.
      First of all, Happy Thanksgiving...I hope you all had a lovely day,
      however you spent it.

      My name is Jennifer, I live in N Raleigh, and I have 2 young children.
      My husband (Joe) and I decided even before we had children that we
      would homeschool, with a leaning towards unschooling. As my older
      daughter (Natalie) is nearing school age I've been thinking more
      seriously about finding a homeschooling group(s) to be involved in.
      We've also been examining our spiritual lives recently, as Natalie has
      started to ask questions about things she has heard about God. While
      we don't identify with any specific pagan religion, our beliefs
      definitely run towards the pagan end of the religous spectrum. I'd
      like to find a community of similar-minded folks to help her learn
      about what we believe, and to reinforce our values. I'm currently
      planning on attending the Church of the Earth's worship circle on Dec 4.

      Jennifer
    • anyaromani@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 25, 2005
        Welcome, Jennifer!
        I will certainly see you at Church of the Earth on the regular worship circle, December 4.  Behaving children are ALWAYS welcome at COTE events.

        Did you also know that there is an adult discernment class on the second Tuesdays?  That might be helpful to you as you seek to pass ideas on to your children.  The next one is on planning a ritual, so I don't know how interested you will be, but ask Steve Stone (the Church's pastor) for more info on upcoming class topics.

        Please feel free to add resources you find to the RPH Group databases!  That's what they're there for!

        Once again, welcome, and see you soon,
        Anya Windsong
        (RPH Moderator)

        In a message dated 11/24/2005 9:37:44 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, jenoline@... writes:
[...]

      • Jennifer Olinger
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 29, 2005
          Thanks Anya!

          I did not know about the discernment classes.  Unfortunately I have a prior committment on Tuesday evenings, so I won't be able to do that right now.  Maybe sometime in the future.

          I have a question, since you are a member at COTE.  You said below that "Behaving children are ALWAYS welcome at COTE events." .  What are the Sunday services like?  I was planning on coming by myself, but my husband would like to come too, and it's nice to do things as a family.  My children are 4 1/2 and 18months, and are not used to going to church.  I think my older daughter would do okay, if we explained the ground rules first.  I have no idea about my toddler.  Any thoughts on whether it would be a good/bad idea to bring them would be great!  Thanks!

          Jennifer

          On 11/25/05, anyaromani@... <anyaromani@...> wrote:
[...]

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        • anyaromani@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 3, 2005
            Jennifer:
            Steve wanted me to add:
            we are a very informal group.  No need to dress up, just dress comfortable.

            See you Sunday!

            In harmony,
            Anya