New member

  • Amber
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 15, 2005
      Hi, I'm Amber, 35, one 10 yr old boy. I have been homeschooling for not
      quite 4 years yet. We pulled him half way through 1st grade, and we are
      working though 5th grade stuff through workbooks and computer programs
      mostly. (Jumpstart, Achieve, one other I can't think of right off.)

      I'm in a religiously mixed family. My husband and I live with his
      mother, sharing expenses. They are both Southern Baptists. I'm not
      religious and probably could be considered an agnostic witch. I've gone
      by mystic or spiritualist witch as well. My studies vary widely and
      span the last 20 years of my life for parapsychology (ESP and
      hauntings) in general and pagan religious paths in general for the last
      15, though nothing formal, not for the lack of trying, at least early
      on. I'll explain that more later if anyone is interested. I realize we
      are here more for the kids. ;-)

      I currently don't add religion to his curriculum proper, but when he
      asks about something I do answer. He is highly intuitive, and has been
      interested in spirits lately. He's grandfather passed about 3 years ago
      and we all still sense him, but particularly my son. I've been brushing
      up on mediums lately because I really think he has a degree of talent
      for it. If he truly is interested I might be looking for locals in the
      near future who are already certified who can guide him better.

      Well, there's an intro and a half. I guess I feel wordy today. LOL!
    • Flame
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 17, 2006
        Hi, I just joined this group so I wanted to introduce myself. My name
        is Jen, or some folks know me as "Flame" (it's easier than trying to
        keep track of yet ANOTHER Jen/Jenny/Jennifer). I've lived in Raleigh
        for 6 years, but I was born and raised in Southern California. I
        homeschool my girls Tara, 6, and Amber, 2.

        I recognize Lilith, hello!

        I just came across this group - found it on meet-up. I'm not active in
        the local Pagan community, though I did have a booth at the very first
        Pagan Pride Day event at the State Fairgrounds (I make jewelry). I'm
        not a Wiccan, but I've been involved in Paganism in various ways for
        about 20 years.

        My husband and I were married in a UU fellowship, he's an atheist and
        I'm a "low-key" Pagan/Humanist, not really involved in magick or any
        particular path. We do Yule on Winter Solstice, Easter on Spring
        Equinox, study a lot of mythology and ancient cultures, like LOTR and
        Harry Potter, etc.

        Thanks for allowing me to join! I look forward to meeting more of you.

        Flame
      • Lilith
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 19, 2006
          Hello Jen,
          It is good to see you on board.

          Lilith

          "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."    ---Aesop

          Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.  ---James Bovard

          "Boy, they were big on crematoriums, weren't they?"   --George Bush, touring Auschwitz in 1987.

          Do you Yahoo!?