Rainbow E-News - Fondren After 5 Edition

  • Luke Lundemo
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2010

      Thursday, March 4, 2010

      Fondren After 5 is TONIGHT!

      AND AT RAINBOW PLAZA – GET IN THE SWING OF FONDREN AFTER 5

      ALL VOLUNTEER JAM SESSION

      At Art Minton’s Real Estate office just inside the door to the right.

      Last month the place was rocking with talented musicians dropping in to add their sounds

      HIGH NOON’S VOLCANIC LEMONADE

      We’ll be serving it in the Green Store!

      Starts at 5pm

      At High Noon Today
      Thursday, March 4
          Stirfry!
         Black Bean Soup

      Friday, March 5
         Seaside Cakes with Mashed Potatoes and Coleslaw

      Veggie Soup

      10% OFF EVERYTHING AT RAINBOW GREEN SERVICES AND FAIR TRADE HANDICRAFTS

      The sale starts at 5pm and continues until lights are out

      Baskets – Rugs - Incense – Jewelry – Bumperstickers – Posters – Books – Solar education kits – Compost Bins – Worm Farms – Magnetic Buttons – 100% post consumer waste copy paper – Soaps – Candles – Person Powered Lawn Mowers – Statues – Bowls – Tote Bags – Efficient Light Bulbs and Fixtures

      TOP 10 MOVIE BEACH SCENES  OF ALL TIME

      On the big screen in the Green Store

      Maybe we’ll get that new theatre style pop-corn popper fired up!

      CONCH SHELL BLOWING CONTEST

      Starts at 5pm in the Fair Trade Handicrafts Store

      See how long you can make a continuous sound through the conch shell

      Winner gets a valuable gift certificate!

      KEEPING UP WITH THE COMMUNITY GARDEN

      Probable Volunteer Hours for March 1-6

      Saturday      9AM-2PM

      Saturday, March 6th we will be having a steering committee meeting in the garden from 10AM-12PM. We invite everyone interested to join us in discussing future plans for the garden in 2010.

      Before heading out to the garden this week, check with our garden coordinator, Michael Gentry to see if he will be there. 601-573-7529

      A crew prepares a new growing area. Are potatoes coming?

      Directions:

      Go to the main gates of Tougaloo College . (From north State Street , turn west on County Line Road and go about half a mile – it’s on the right)

      At the guard station let them know you are headed for the garden.

      Take the first left after the guard station.

      Continue until you come to an open field on your right and you can see the floating dormitory building. Turn right toward the dormitory.

      Just before you get to the dormitory, turn in the parking lot to your left and follow the gravel road under the dormitory and park behind the science building. The garden is next to the woods just beyond the parking lot.

      RAINBOW STAYS OPEN TIL 7PM TONIGHT SO HAVE SOME FONDREN FUN ON YOUR SHOPPING TRIP!