A WARNING OUT OF LOVE - I am no longer promoting or supporting Chief Leonard Crow Dog to come to the Rainbow Gathering

  • David Crockett Williams
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2006
      "Ronald Delgado of Santa Barbara California was killed in
      Archie Fire Lame Deer's 'Vision Quest' on July 12, 1980" ??

      Thanks for sending me all this info. I spoke to Leonard
      Crow Dog yesterday on the phone, but Barry Tillman's
      call a month ago to him changed the focus I offered, from his
      coming to help conduct the WPPD ceremony in support
      of Chief Looking Horse on that ceremony, and overseeing
      the sweat lodges to guide the people to do it the right way, to
      instead Barry's own idea and agreement to raise money to support
      a peyote tipi meeting at the Rainbow Gathering which was all that
      was on Crow Dog's mind yesterday on the phone. I explained that
      thing is outside my experience and I have found Barry Tillman
      to be unreliable so I was not sure if he was going to fulfill that
      commitment to finance his way there for that peyote meeting.

      Barry unknowingly has destroyed the plan I had offered for
      Crow Dog to get onto a better path, by waiving the big
      money involved in these peyote meetings. It is now out
      of my hands and I can only announce that I am no longer
      promoting or supporting Leonard Crow Dog to come to
      the Rainbow Gathering. Knowing that he has a long-standing
      history with so many folks of alcohol abuse, which has not
      apparently gotten any better, it would in that light seem
      not good for him to bring that kind of unhealthy behavior
      to the gathering anyway and this is something that no longer
      should be overlooked because of his earlier reputation as a
      wise and good medicine man. He will be in my prayers also.

      Yes, I have good memories of him from 1977-98, but now
      I see his behavior has become unhealthy for himself and
      those of his influence. My admonitions as usual are
      that folks like Barry Tillman should better become deeper
      in their own spiritual ways, eg Judaism, instead of just taking
      on another's ego trip and following "Indian ways" not recognized
      as righteous by the proper leaders such as Chief Arvol Looking Horse.

      All My Relations

      "The truth will set you free, but first it may piss you off!"

      David
      5/11/2006 5:52 PM

      ---begin important fwd post

      My below reference to "doing it the right way" means following
      the Lakota Ceremonial Protocol Directive of Chief Arvol Looking
      Horse. In the case of the inipi sweat lodge this means all of the
      hippie dippie sweats, by any cute names folks want to use for
      them, are dangerous misappropriation of sacred things for personal
      pleasure and toying around with, exactly the problem with folks
      who will not accept that there is a right and wrong and only
      selfishly see things in terms of what they want to do for personal
      desire gratification, and what they can "get away with," without
      realizing that such "authorities" expressed as this are for everyone's
      good and safety, as this writer below well explains, with whom
      I generally agree. Except I seem to have been misunderstood a bit,
      so for the record should say that I have stayed out of more offered
      inipi sweat lodges than I have participated in since my first one
      conducted by Dennis Banks at DQU in 1982. Most recently I had
      good learning experiences on all this in my area and refused to
      participate in what did not seem right. Also below is mentioned
      an incident with Archie Fire Lame Deer which I will investigate
      further since I respected and worked with him and do not agree
      with the assessment of him below. Many folks, of all ways, are
      unduly influenced and corrupted by the money trip, but
      one must look deeper for what is really going on.

      Also, I have no intention ever of conducting or initiating any
      kind of sweat lodge ceremony. The only thing I have been
      promoting is conducting a June 21 World Peace and Prayer
      Day Ceremony at the Colorado Rainbow Gathering, per
      proper protocol sent by Chief Looking Horse months ago
      via Paulah Horn for this purpose, and promoting the idea
      that at this year's gathering there should be no sweat lodges
      done unless "they are conducted right by those with the right".