Re: [RadhaswamiDham] Re: Our Lineage

  • alanduchovnay
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 17, 2006
      I was initiated by Kirpal Singh

      I have read almost every english book on sant amt/ radhasoami

      each branch has its justification.

      One thing clear to me is that a Committee can not nominate a SATGURU, only a
      Satguru can

      ad
    • Gurvinder S Anand
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 21, 2006
        Hello Ad...

        I couldn't understand about your statement...Who has been nominated by Committee????/

        Gur

        alanduchovnay <aduchovn@...> wrote:
        I was initiated by Kirpal Singh

        I have read almost every english book on sant amt/ radhasoami

        each branch has its justification.

        One thing clear to me is that a Committee can not nominate a SATGURU, only a
        Satguru can

        ad

        "A Person can fail many times, but they are not really a failure until they start to blame someone else"

        Molly

      • alanduchovnay
        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 23, 2006
          A study of some lineages reveals that some Radhasoami gurus have been
          appointed by a committee.

          alan duchovnay

          I couldn't understand about your statement...Who has been nominated by
          Committee????/

          Gur

          alanduchovnay <aduchovn@...> wrote:
          I was initiated by Kirpal Singh

          I have read almost every english book on sant amt/ radhasoami

          each branch has its justification.

          One thing clear to me is that a Committee can not nominate a SATGURU, only a
          Satguru can

          ad

          "A Person can fail many times, but they are not really a failure until they
          start to blame someone else"

          Molly

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • rsdinod
          Message 4 of 17 , May 8, 2007
            (mail sent on oct.13th 06)
            --- In RadhaswamiDham@yahoogroups.com, "rsdinod" <rsdinod@...> wrote:

            > The founder of the Radhaswami Faith was an incarnation of the
            Supreme
            > Creator, Radhaswami Himself. He manifested Himself in a respectable
            > family of Khattris at Agra in 1818, and was known by the name of
            Shiv
> [...]
            > started regular spiritual practice expounded in the Radhaswami
            faith,
            > at the age of six.
            >
            > Shiv Dayalji was selected direct from school to act as a Persian
            > expert in a government department, but he gave up this job and took
            > another as a teacher of Persian with a talukdar of Ballabhgarh
            estate
            > where he had to go for only two hours daily. His spiritual
            cravings,
            > however, were so intense that worldly attainments no longer
            attracted
            > him and he gave up even this lucrative job. He returned home for
            > devoting his entire time to religious pursuits.
            >
            > Soon His reputation as a great spiritualist and saint spread far
            and
            > wide. Even when he was a boy, he delivered discourses on
            metaphysical
            > topics. High philosophical ideas and spiritual sermons delivered
            by an
            > adolescent amazed the people who listened spellbound. Soon a large
            > number of sadhus, faqirs and seekers after truth flocked around
            him.
            > He met many challenges from prominent ecclesiastics of the day with
            > remarkable success. He was able to convince most of them about the
            > superiority of the spiritual truth revealed to Him.
            >
            > His gracious and serene personality and extraordinary powers of
            > sanctity and holiness left a deep imprint upon many a learned men
            who
            > became His ardent followers. On the request of His most beloved
            > disciple, Rai Saligram, he laid the foundation of the Radhaswami
            > Satsang on Basant-Panchami day in January 1861. Now he became
            famous
            > by the name Swami ji Maharaj. The Satsang grew rapidly and the
            number
            > of devotees in his life-time rose to three thousand, which included
            > men and women from all the major communities of India. For full
            > seventeen years He presided over the Satsang meetings at his
            > residence, Panni Gali, Agra.
            >
            > In this incarnation of the true Creator all the actions were
            regulated
            > by the currents coming direct from the Supreme Creator Himself, as
            in
            > the state of somnambulism, all the functions of body and senses are
            > performed from a plane higher than that which the soul occupies in
            the
            > wakeful state,
            >
            > He departed from this world on June 15th, 1878 on a predecided
            date in
            > a unique and most dignified way. He compiled two works in
            vernacular
            > upon Radhaswami Faith, one is Sarbachan in prose and the other
            > Sarbachan in verse.
            >
            > The only true successor of Swami ji Maharaj deputed as per the last
            > utterings of the latter was His chief disciple, Rai Bahadur
            Saligram
            > Saheb. He was born in a kayastha family of Peepal Mandi, Agra, on
            14
            > march 1829. He served as chief inspector of post offices in India,
            and
            > in 1881, promoted as the Postmaster General of the North Western
            > Provinces with headquarters at Allahabad. He was the first Indian
            > hold this coveted post.
            >
            > His undivided and extraordinary devotion towards Swami ji Maharaj
            > attracted wide attention. Once upon the time, when Swami Ji was
            asked
            > about Salig Ram, He stated 'I do not know if I am his guru, or he
            is
            > mine.' The satsang of Salig Ram Maharaj exploded with disciples
            from
            > all over India, including a Viceroy. Salig Ram wrote several
            volumes
            > of popular books on Radhaswami Faith. For twenty years (1878-1898)
            He
            > served humanity at large and spread the divine light of love which
            he
            > had received from His master. He left for his heavenly abode on
            > December 6th, 1898.
            >
            > One of his chief successors was Maharshi Shivbrat Lal Maharaj who
            > started His satsang at Allahabad (U.P.). He was born in Bhadoi
            Distt.
            > of U.P. State. He was a post graduate and edited tens of spiritual
            > periodicals and authored almost 3000 books in Hindi, Urdu &
            English in
            > his life time and travelled many places in India and abroad for the
            > service of humanity. He departed from this world in Feb. 1939.
            >
            > One of his successors was Ram Singh ji Arman, who was born in a
            Yadav
            > family of Jui Village, Haryana. He was initiated by Maharishi ji on
            > July 18th, 1920 in Lahore (now in Pakistan) He was a teacher by
            > profession. He devoted most of his time in Surat Shabd Yoga, and
            wrote
            > a very popular book 'Arman Sagar'. In 1930, when he went to
            Allahabad
            > to have darshan of his beloved Master, Maharishi ji said to Him
            that I
            > am very happy with your spiritual progress. Now onwards I depute
            you
            > as the Saint of Haryana, and you may now start initiating the
            seekers.
            > But Arman Sahib requested 'I am not sure that I can perform such a
            > great job', upon this Maharishi ji said "Don't worry, start your
            work
            > and my full spirit force has already come in your area to help you
            and
            > It will expand your satsang to thousands of times, these are my
            words
            > to you, wait for It."
            >
            > Again on 31.07.1935, Maharishi ji authorized Arman Saheb for
            > initiation via a post. Arman Saheb lead a simple life and did not
            > start any Ashram in his life. He was a real hermit and lead a life
            of
            > quietude. He presided over the Satsang meetings in his small house
            > only, in the village. He arrived on this planet on ninth of Ausouj
            > (month by Indian calendar) and chose the same date in 1976 for
            > departure from this world and revealed this decision three days in
            > advance. On this foresaid date He left His body in meditation.
            >
            > The full spirit force of Maharishi ji manifested in 1925, in the
            form
            > of Param Sant Tara Chand ji Maharaj, in a very poor family in
            village
            > Dinod in Haryana. His spiritual cravings were very intense and
            started
            > his search for the Supreme creator in the age of six only. He liked
            > the company of the mystics & saints very much. He visited almost
            all
            > prominent mystics of his time. He did not even enter into marriage
            > institution and remained celibate for whole life to achieve his
            > Supreme goal. He developed some supernatural powers even before he
            met
            > his Master. After initiation he remained in continuous meditation
            for
            > days together. Love of Arman Sahib for Him was the deepest ever
            known
            > in the history of Santmat.
            >
            > Baba Faquir Chand of Hoshiarpur was also very much impressed upon
            him,
            > in one of his visits to the Ashram of Tarachand ji, He uttered (now
            > written in His books also) following words : "I had come from
            > Hoshiarpur to bow my head at the hallowed feet of my Sat Guru Dev
            Sant
            > Tara Chand Ji." ..... I attained the Sublime Knowledge from Sant
            Tara
            > Chand Ji and my other such disciples. Thus I have come here to pay
            my
            > respects to Tara Chand Ji, a True Form of my Sat Guru."
            >
            > The present Ashram in Dinod was founded only by Param Sant Tara
            Chand
            > ji Maharaj, today known as Bade Maharaj ji.
            >
            > Name and fame of Param Sant Tarachand ji Maharaj as a True Saint
            > spread not only in all parts of this country, but in many other
            > countries also, including European States. He departed this world
            on
            > Jan 3rd, 1997.
            >
            > His successor, Param Sant Kanwar ji Maharaj, the present Master
            > arrived on this planet on March 2nd, 1948. His mother was a lady of
            > high spiritual eminence. He is a post graduate in Political Science
            > from Jaipur University. His spiritual fervent cravings brought Him
            in
            > this Ashram in the young age of thirty. His very first meet with
            His
            > Master produced a great phenomenal effect upon Him that He then did
            > not return to his home and declared that I will breathe my last in
            > this Ashram only. His services to the Holy Feet of His Master for
            > almost 20 years and for this satsangs are among the rare examples
            in
            > the history of Santmat. He devoted days and nights in meditation
            and
            > authored four popular spiritual books. He also served the education
            > department of the state as a Senior Teacher for almost thirty
            years.
            > In 1997, after departure of His Master, He resigned from his
            > government post to carry out the holy job assigned to Him. Like all
            > previous saints, He does not spend a single penny of the satsang
            trust
            > for his personal use. He however,donates the surplus money to the
            > satsang from the pension He receives. Now like other true saints,
            > countless miracles are attached to His name. He leads a very simple
            > life and is easily approachable even to the poor. He has got a
            serene
            > personality and is providing eternal peace to millions of seekers
            of
            > the Supreme Truth in India and abroad by his splendid powers of
            > sanctity. If anybody wants to realize the Supreme force, here and
            > now,with certitude,he/she must seek His blessings and initiation.
            He
            > is using the same Holy Name (single name) and method of initiation
            > which was used by the august founder saints in Agra. His discourses
            > are a simple chat even a street man can easily grasp these. His
            > perseverance has given an all-round progress to this satsang in
            this
            > short duration of nine years.
            >
            > Radha Swami

          • gsaprofile
            Message 5 of 17 , May 8, 2007
              Thanks for yur reply but tell me one thing Saligram appointed Maharshi
              Shivbrat Lal Maharaj as his successor or not? and if not whom he
              appointed officially?

              Thanks
            • alanduchovnay
              Message 6 of 17 , May 8, 2007
                Where does Param Sant Kanwar ji Maharaj live?

                Thanks,
                alan duchovnay
              • rsdinod
                Message 7 of 17 , May 10, 2007
                  In Dinod,INDIA,however He is going to visit western countries for His
                  satsang tour of Canada,UK,USA etc. this month.
                  Radhaswami!

                  --- In RadhaswamiDham@yahoogroups.com, "alanduchovnay" <aduchovn@...>