Akha Weekly Journal: Moving on, UN Reports

  • Matthew McDaniel
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2002

      Dear Friends:

      The press is over. The police did not show up to the families, the Akha lay where they fell, if there will be any further investigation or compensation remains to be seen. The families of the dead wait.

      The police reports were filed.

      We were not optimistic that there would be deep investigation into the matter but knew that any attention to the killings we got would be a deterent in the future.

      We hope this is the case.

      We are thankful to any of you who will continue to press the Thai government for release of the Autopsy of Mr. Ah Juuh Cheh Muuh and a police investigation into the killings.

      We are collecting reports on further cases and will be making a filing with the UN when we are done with that process.

      *******

      Akha.org and the email was down for a full day while changing servers so if your email to me bounced please resend.

      Akha.org is due for another rebuild to streamline it more.

      *******

      Thankyou to all the people who sent donations to help with the bill on the truck.

      Part of the bill still remains so if there are any of you who have not helped and would be willing to do so at this time, such that we can get the repair bill paid off and the truck out of the shop, please let me know.

      Been a long few days.

      Matthew McDaniel

      Thailand

      Do You Yahoo!?