Racism in Morgantown WV

  • nativelit@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2001
      Racism in Morgantown WV - Will he slither back?

        Dear Friends and Supporters: Thanks to everyone, home and
      abroad,
      who have supported the Native American community in fighting
      racism,
      sexism and violence in Morgantown, WV. As many of you know,
      the Indian
      community is under attack by two talkshow hosts on local radio
      station
      WAJR. We have been called "redskins and morons". The main
      violator, Jim
      Stallings, claims it was all "tongue in cheek". However his cohort
      KKK
      Murray recently supported a demonstration which degraded our
      culture
      and
      our people. They have targeted others as well using terms like"
      thick
      lips-broad noses and nappy hair". We have heard homophobic