You are invited to a celebration at Skwelkwekw'elt

  • Don
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2001
      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: Sun Peaks
      Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 20:53:39 -0400
      From: Janice Billy <jrbilly@...>

      You are invited to a celebration at Skwelkwekw'elt

      October 12, 13, 14 Meet at entrance to Sun Peaks Resort (on highway from Kamloops side)

      We are celebrating - our return to our homelands
      - our commitment to protect out homelands from Destruction
      - our assertion of our Title and Rights
      - our re-learning of our Secwepemc culture
      - the knowledge of our Elders

      Cultural Activities to take place
      Include: Mens and womens sweats, drumming and singing

      Okanagan/Secwepemc Declaration- Dec. 1986

      Our first responsibility is to protect our Spirituality
      Our second responsibility is to protect our Future Generation
      (Language, Customs, and Knowledge)
      Our third responsibility is to protect our Culture
      Our fourth responsibility is to protect our Land"

      N'kwala, Atum, Nhumchin, Chilheetza

      Please bring your own cup, plate, eating utensils, tent and sleeping, if camping.

      For more information call 250-679-3293

      Skwelkwekw'elt (Sun Peaks Resort) is located 30k from Kamloops, British Columbia on Tod
      Mt. Road (off Yellowhead Hwy at Heffley Creek store)