Mountain Wind Group !! [ Presencia Taina ]

  • ghwelker
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 13 4:53 PM
      http://presenciataina.org/

      Atihuibancex

      (Atte'-wee-bahn-ce'ash)

      Mountain Wind Group

      en Español

      PresenciaTaina.TV
      ( Educational Research )

      Activities

      Educational Workshops

      Music and Dance

      Crafts

      Tattoo Designs

      Foto Marathon 2006

      Youtube Video

      Search Our Site

      Roger Atihuibancex
      Mountain Wind Group
      sponsored by UCTP
      Caribbean Indigenous Cultural Arts Collaborations

      Write and share your ideas with us.

      Contact Information: Email: rjhnyc@...

      Roger Atihuibancex

      Taino regalia and crafts
      modeled by Roger Atihuibancex

      Roger Atihuibancex:
      Taino documentation research and
      development projects on
      Caribbean Indigenous Cultural Arts since 1990

      This website works to strengthen Taino Indian arts and crafts collaborative workshop projects to promote and preserve our Caribbean indigenous cultural arts via supplementary and alternative Native American educational arts programs.

      The work accomplished throughout the years has been consistent with our taino mission statement, which is to promote education of our Caribbean community and its rich indigenous cultural arts heritage.

      Atihuibancex artistic presentations, exhibitions and workshops have generated interest and involvement from the Caribbeasn community and other Latino indigenous circles. Our taino program has served to inspire future cultural artists in developing their talents by drawing upon their cultural traditions.
      From the very young to the older adults, both females and males share in our positive creative artistic environment that will educate as well as enrich their lives. Our work has been well received throughout the NYC Metropolitan Tri State area bringing programming to well over 10,000 people.

      Our Taino projects serves the Caribbean indigenous community as well as other indigenous communities. To date, we have brought our programs to many places: elementary schools and universities, public and private institutions, parks and recreational facilities and public and private self help organizations. We service the old along with the young. The majority of our constituents come from low income neighborhoods and communities that receive very little contact with the artistic cultural educational circles. We introduce these elements that have otherwise seperated from each other to become whole once again. The response from these participants has been overwhelming, with an increased demand for our services.

      "Taino Warrior"

      Giclee Prints Size The Image is 20 x 25....
      plus a 1 inch border Limited Edition
      (Signed and Numbered)

      Other Artwork

      World's Best Art Gallery

      "The Power of Spirit"

      Artist:

      Mildred Torres-Speeg
      PO Box 37
      Mountain City, GA 30562

      Tel: (706) 746-3038
      Email: rvsmts@...

      Day of Encounter
      "

      "Day of Encounter"/ "Dia del Encuentro, 1493"

      Bay of Aguadilla-Aguada
      November 19, 1493

      Artwork by - Estela Robles

      Taino'ti
      Good Spirit be With You

      Atihuibancex would like to thank Mr. Glenn Welker, our Web Master,
      for his support of the Taino People and the technical assistance with this site.

      Selected by CAI as one of the top Caribbean sites on the Internet

      Make all website information requests in writing to: rjhnyc@....

      El Encuentro de Ponce De León y Agueybaná
      Becerrillo

      Copyright © 1993-2008Copyright © 1993-2008

      This page last updated 06/13/2013 19:45:25 This page last updated 06/13/2013 18:36:11

      Counter By
RightStats.Com!

      Fair Use Notice

      This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to:

      If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.