16960Fw: Retrograde. Offensive. Anti-semitic.

  • Romi Elnagar
    Jun 12, 2014

      On Thursday, June 12, 2014 9:10 AM, "Stefanie Fox, Jewish Voice for Peace" <info@...> wrote:

      Action Alert

      The Israel Lobby has launched an all-out smear campaign against nonviolent direct action. We need your help to overcome their slander.

      I support divestment because I believe in nonviolence.
       You can show brave Presbyterian activists
      they aren't alone.
      Take Action!
      Dear Romi,
      Destroying more than 18,000 homes since 1967. Developing biometric ID cards that segregate people by ethnicity and religion. Selling surveillance systems to protect illegal settlements throughout the West Bank.
      Sound like corporations you’d want to invest in?
      Probably not.
      Next week, the Presbyterian Church is going to take up that exact question: should they divest from Caterpillar, Hewlett-Packard, and Motorola Solutions – three companies that all profit from the Israeli occupation?
      So please: show Presbyterian activists ready for real change you're with them!
      We all know the Israel Lobby has a way of making people of conscience feel real lonely standing up.
      And the Presbyterian Church is coming under intense pressure from the Lobby to say “no” to divestment. Supporters of this non-violent, time-honored tactic are being labeled “Retrograde.” “Demonizing.” “Offensive.” And, of course, “anti-semitic.”
      But think about it for a moment – what are they’re really saying beneath those buzzwords? To pro-actively invest in occupation.
      It’s cynical, but sadly, effective.
      And the most helpful thing we can do – our obligation, even – is to show them who really supports divestment. To show that we’re Jewish, Muslim, atheist, young, old, wealthy, working class, men, women, activists, educators, students and more.
      And that we know investing in the daily human suffering of occupation is wrong.
      Standing up for justice can be lonely work. Let’s make sure our allies in the Presbyterian Church know they aren’t alone.

      Stefanie Fox
      Co-Director of Organizing
      Donate Now!
      Contact Info: