Re: [RVbasics] Dropping Designer Blends Could save $1 per gallon

  • PennyPA
    Message 1 of 129 , Feb 23, 2012
      Perhaps if we simply stop exporting so much fuel, we'd not be so dependent on the world's idiosyncracies.   Oil is our largest export right now.

      Secondly, perhaps it's time to TOTALLY disband the Dept. of Energy since it has not done what it was formed to do.

      PennyPA

      My Lung Volume Reduction Surgery (LVRS) - www.copdandlvrs.blogspot.com

      Message 129 of 129 , Feb 29, 2012
        Go get him Nick (^_^)

        From: Thomas W Davis <twdavisenging2@...>
        To: rvbasics@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 5:14 PM

        28 Feb 12

        Nick,

         How is this rant supportive to RV Life style and or RV's in general.
        Suggest you find a proper forum.

        To: RVbasics@yahoogroups.com
        From: rwjersey@...
        Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 00:46:08 +0000

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MDFan__QXg

        From: Bill Dayton <daytonbill@...>
        To: RVbasics@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 10:40 PM

        I believe the biggest addition to the "fear", which has increased the speculative oil cost in recent time is the stoppage of the Keystone pipeline project. That can be put squarely on Obama's shoulders!

        On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 9:24 PM, Nick and Bonnie Munoz <nmunozjr@...> wrote:

        Fly, I'm going to try and keep this simple.

        First, we have to remember that this is a WORLD market.  We refine oil and make gas, much of which we do not currently consume.  At the same time foreign demand is increasing in countries not managed by Obama, e. g. China, India and other countries in Asia and South America.  We sell them our excess supply of gas which brings supply and demand balance in the world and employs Americans.

        If you forced American oil companies to restrict shipments overseas you would in affect create a shortage in gas supplies in the market which would raise prices on the world market.  It would have no practical affect on fuel prices at home as we do not have a supply problem, but oil companies and refiners would simply cut fuel production raising prices even more.  They would simply store the excessive fuel and oil as they are not in the business of losing money (we leave that to Obama).  Govt intervention would further create havoc in the oil markets and likely result in a double dip recession.

        Current oil prices are also due to the  "fear" factor which drives speculators to bid up prices on the theory that it will become more valuable in the future.  Therefore oil companies pay more for the oil we refine which raises gas prices.  We must also keep in mind that while our fed prints more money it makes the dollar less valuable which is also a major factor in American gas prices.

        Since oil companies would not have to refine more product they would now lay off American workers and put more folks on Obama's unemployment lines.  What we should do is simply create more supply of raw product by drilling, fracking, etc.  Close down the "environuts," etc.

        You must also remember that the margin (profit) for oil companies is about 9 cents per gallon and for govt it is probably 45 cents.  We could lower prices immediately by eliminating the tax and the cost of blends.  Just think, a price reduction of $1.45 overnight!  Then announce drilling off shore, in Alaska and build the Keystone pipeline.  The world markets would react and prices would drop some more.  The major benefit would be that in a crisis in the Middle East we would have our own supplies.

        Nick
        Enough for now

        From: thomas leahy <tplvalue@...>
        To: "RVbasics@yahoogroups.com" <RVbasics@yahoogroups.com>
        Date: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 5:03 PM

        And WHY would you want to stop the EXPORT of REFINED PETROLEUM PRODUCTS (which is what you are talking about here)????? Did you not read the clip I posted the other day about that??? Did the third grade assistant not show up???

        From: PennyPA <pitapony@...>
        To: RVbasics@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Friday, February 24, 2012, 11:53 PM

        The price won't drop until you get the speculators out of the game... and when we stop exporting as much as we do now.  The U.S. Energy Information Administration reports February was the third month out of four that the U.S. -- the world's most energy-hungry nation -- actually exported more oil that it imported.

        My Lung Volume Reduction Surgery (LVRS) - www.copdandlvrs.blogspot.com

        From: Bill Dayton <daytonbill@...>
        To: RVbasics@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Friday, February 24, 2012, 8:54 AM

        Gas and oil production takes years to ramp up. Now, he is taking credit for Bush's programs. It's a two edged sword - If you want to blame the previous administration for things, sometimes you have to give them credit!

        On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Flytyer <flytyer72001@...> wrote:

        “Under my administration, America is producing more oil today than at any time in the last eight years,” Obama told the audience at the University of Miami. “That’s why we have a record number of oil rigs operating right now – more working oil and gas rigs than the rest of the world combined.”

[...]
        DISQUS...

        --
        Bill Dayton
        09 Cobalt SS