New to the list...yep, thats me....

  • -=MuddyJEEP=-
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 30, 2000
      Hello List....I am new and thought I would say a warm hello.....anyways....
      I bought a 1978 Dodge sumptin' or other.....I am picking it up today....I
      looked at it last night, it is approx. 24' I think, shower, toilet, 4 beds?,
      kitchen, etc etc.....has a 360 v-8 and a 1 ton chassis I think......with as
      little info as I have provided.....what do we know about these monstrous
      critters? I will pick it up at 4.30 today...paid 800 for it and a 16'
      dovetail trailer, and it is in very clean inside condition.....way cool
      beast indeed.....

      why dont the refrig. work on the a/c line anymore and only on
      propane?....common problem?

      is there a common problem with the Onan generators?...it turns over, but
      doesn't start..is there a small fuel pump somewhere?....it has been sitting
      for 1 year, but worked when sat.....

      Thanks for the help in advance.....I do appreciate it.
      Timothy W. Kyle aka MuddyJEEP
      '97 TJ "Voodoo Chile' ala Flambeau"
      Nobody fills my heart like JESUS <><
      http://www.MuddyJEEP.com
    • Steven L Fletcher
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 21, 2000
        -=MuddyJEEP=- wrote:

        > Hello List....I am new and thought I would say a warm hello.....anyways....
        > I bought a 1978 Dodge sumptin' or other.....I am picking it up today....I
        > looked at it last night, it is approx. 24' I think, shower, toilet, 4 beds?,
        > kitchen, etc etc.....has a 360 v-8 and a 1 ton chassis I think......with as
        > little info as I have provided.....what do we know about these monstrous
        > critters? I will pick it up at 4.30 today...paid 800 for it and a 16'
        > dovetail trailer, and it is in very clean inside condition.....way cool
        > beast indeed.....
        >
        > why dont the refrig. work on the a/c line anymore and only on
        > propane?....common problem?
        >
        > is there a common problem with the Onan generators?...it turns over, but
        > doesn't start..is there a small fuel pump somewhere?....it has been sitting
        > for 1 year, but worked when sat.....

        Timothy,

        Hello and welcome.

        Sorry to be so late responding to your email. We have been traveling I
        have been getting email on our laptop... your email came in on my
        desktop Mac just before we left.

        Have you resolved your problems already?

        --
        Steven Fletcher
        Yuba City, CA
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 23, 2000
          Hello Steven....Not a very active list 'eh? :-)
          I have figured out some of the woes....not all......
          the generator fires right up once the fuel was primed, the refridge..I
          dunno...doesn't appear to be very much 110AC circuit to it, so I dunno why
          it doesn't work.....cant get it to fire on the gas either....stuff looks
          old....the water heater is toast also since the area where you light the
          pilot is rusted away completely....probably don't wanna trust it anyway :-)
          Hope the travels are going nicely...ever get in the Houston area, say
          hello....be safe and have a happy Thanksgiving
          Timothy W. Kyle aka MuddyJEEP
          '97 TJ "Voodoo Chile' ala Flambeau"
          Nobody fills my heart like JESUS <><
          http://www.MuddyJEEP.com
          > > Hello List....I am new and thought I would say a warm
          hello.....anyways....
          > > I bought a 1978 Dodge sumptin' or other.....I am picking it up
          today....I
          > > looked at it last night, it is approx. 24' I think, shower, toilet, 4
          beds?,
          > > kitchen, etc etc.....has a 360 v-8 and a 1 ton chassis I think......with
          as
          > > little info as I have provided.....what do we know about these monstrous
          > > critters? I will pick it up at 4.30 today...paid 800 for it and a 16'
          > > dovetail trailer, and it is in very clean inside condition.....way cool
          > > beast indeed.....
          > >
          > > why dont the refrig. work on the a/c line anymore and only on
          > > propane?....common problem?
          > >
          > > is there a common problem with the Onan generators?...it turns over, but
          > > doesn't start..is there a small fuel pump somewhere?....it has been
          sitting
          > > for 1 year, but worked when sat.....
          >
          > Timothy,
          >
          > Hello and welcome.
          >
          > Sorry to be so late responding to your email. We have been traveling I
          > have been getting email on our laptop... your email came in on my
          > desktop Mac just before we left.
          >
          > Have you resolved your problems already?
          >
          > --
          > Steven Fletcher
          > Yuba City, CA
          > <mailto:fletcher@...>
          > Home Is Where We Park Our House! <http://HomeIsWhereWeParkOurHouse.com>
          > Basic, practical, how-to info for RVers. <http://RVbasics.com>
          >

          > This discussion group is a service of RVbasics.com.
          > To unsubscribe send an email to:

        • Steven L Fletcher
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 23, 2000
            -=MuddyJEEP=- wrote:

            > Hello Steven....Not a very active list 'eh? :-)
            > I have figured out some of the woes....not all......
            > the generator fires right up once the fuel was primed, the refridge..I
            > dunno...doesn't appear to be very much 110AC circuit to it, so I dunno why
            > it doesn't work.....cant get it to fire on the gas either....stuff looks
            > old....the water heater is toast also since the area where you light the
            > pilot is rusted away completely....probably don't wanna trust it anyway :-)
            > Hope the travels are going nicely...ever get in the Houston area, say
            > hello....be safe and have a happy Thanksgiving
            > Timothy W. Kyle aka MuddyJEEP

            > > > Hello List....I am new and thought I would say a warm
            > hello.....anyways....
            > > > I bought a 1978 Dodge sumptin' or other.....I am picking it up
            > today....I
            > > > looked at it last night, it is approx. 24' I think, shower, toilet, 4
            > beds?,
            > > > kitchen, etc etc.....has a 360 v-8 and a 1 ton chassis I think......with
            > as
            > > > little info as I have provided.....what do we know about these monstrous
            > > > critters? I will pick it up at 4.30 today...paid 800 for it and a 16'
            > > > dovetail trailer, and it is in very clean inside condition.....way cool
            > > > beast indeed.....
            > > >
            > > > why dont the refrig. work on the a/c line anymore and only on
            > > > propane?....common problem?
            > > >
            > > > is there a common problem with the Onan generators?...it turns over, but
            > > > doesn't start..is there a small fuel pump somewhere?....it has been
            > sitting
            > > > for 1 year, but worked when sat.....
            > >
            > > Timothy,
            > >
            > > Hello and welcome.
            > >
            > > Sorry to be so late responding to your email. We have been traveling I
            > > have been getting email on our laptop... your email came in on my
            > > desktop Mac just before we left.

            Timothy,

            Yes, it's a slow list. Not very many subscribers, yet, and it takes
            quite a few subscribers before a list see much activity since so many
            only lurk.

            Anyway, I'm glad you got your generator working. I know ours takes a
            while to fire up.

            On A/C your refrigerator uses an electric element to heat the cooling
            unit's boiler. You should be able to trace the circuit to check for
            voltage... you will need power to the RV of course. If the element gets
            hot but the refer doesn't get cold... it takes a 30 minutes before you
            can really tell... or you can smell ammonia then it's a safe bet the
            cooling unit is bad. You can replace the cooling unit with a new one
            (not a reconditioned one) or you may just want to get a new refer if you
            plan to trailer a lot and plan t keep it. Trouble shooting the gas part
            of the refer is a little more complicated and you should take it to an
            RV tech.

            I would consider replacing the water heater with a used one as long as
            the replacement was in good condition and had a 60 or 90 day guarantee
            from the salvage yard. See the RVbasics.com site for a list of salvage
            yards. Also heck with your RV repair shops for used water heaters.

            Hope that gives you something work with... let me know.

            Happy Thanksgiving.