how about extra inputs ?

  • Don Pomplun
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 11 2:16 PM
      If the processor you are going to use has extra digital inputs, how
      about offering them up on something like a D-connector. Their status
      could just be transmitted as an additional byte in the data,
      user-definable. Analog?
      Don
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 12 5:37 AM
        Don, the RTrak is based on the latest version of the
        SMT OpenTracker 1+, which employs 10 ADC channels
        meant for telemetry type input. I have only heard
        from one person expressing interest in using these ADC
        pins, but they are there for anyone to take advantage
        of.

        I will warn you though that ADC pins 1-4 are being
        used for frequency selection. These pins are tied to
        the 16 position HEX encoder that selects what
        pre-programmed frequency you would like to operate on.

        I don't have any plans on adding a seperate external
        connector for the ADC pins, however, there is a two
        row pin header on the board that allows you to
        interface your application to the ADC pins. It would
        not take much to cut a small notch in the un-milled
        end panel and run a small ribbon cable out to your
        external telemetry source.

        Hope that helps,

        --- Don Pomplun <BlueFlash@...> wrote:

        > If the processor you are going to use has extra
        > digital inputs, how
        > about offering them up on something like a
        > D-connector. Their status
        > could just be transmitted as an additional byte in
        > the data,
        > user-definable. Analog?
        > Don

      • usna71
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 12 4:03 PM
          Jason:
          I for one would be very interested in the telemetry. However, I
          need a cookbook as I don't know how to put it all together. But I
          really want to learn about it.

          KB1MOV

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 17 2:19 PM
            --- usna71 <bill.brown.tu78@...> wrote:

            > I for one would be very interested in the
            > telemetry.

            I think a lot of people are interested in what uses
            there are for real time telemetry, so I am actively
            searching out good examples that I could put into the
            manual.

            > However, I
            > need a cookbook as I don't know how to put it all
            > together. But I
            > really want to learn about it.

            As I said, I would like to include some example of use
            in the RTrak manual. I plan to work on the manual
            this week.

            Thanks,