Re: dumb question time

  • texasexpediter
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 3, 2007
      --- In rtrak@yahoogroups.com, Jason Rausch <lists@...> wrote:

      > --- texasexpediter <K5LDB.Leo@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I was just hoping to find a solution that is plug
      > > in and go.
      >
      > That is exactly the niche that the RTrak was created
      > to fill. Plug and play.
      >
      > I have been checking into 35W Mirage 2M amps. The
      > typical price is $90 a unit. This would be what I
      > would consider the best match with the RTrak.
      >
      > Jason KE4NYV
      > RPC Electronics
      > www.rpc-electronics.com

      So if I got an rtrak, either with or without the Mirage, would I have
      to find out frequencies where I was driving or just set it and forget
      it? If you have to change the freq. all the time that partially
      defeats the purpose of plug it in and forget it. As is obviously
      apparent I know very little about this area.
    • Facility 406 DM09
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 3, 2007
        The national 2m APRS is 144.39 MHz. Set it to that and leave it alone...

        Kurt

        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 5, 2007
          --- In rtrak@yahoogroups.com, "Facility 406 DM09" <facility_406@...>
          wrote:

          > The national 2m APRS is 144.39 MHz. Set it to that and leave it
          > alone...

          We are working on some frequency schemes right now. There will be
          either 4 or 8 frequency slots that will be user-definable. Either
          way, we will ship the unit with 144.390 pre-loaded in the first
          frequency slot. When you receive the unit, all that you have to do
          is program the minimal settings: your callsign, path and beacon
          comment. Plug it in and let it go!

        • c0j
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 12, 2007
            Another dumb question... I did a quick search in the archives, and couldn't see the answer.
            Are you considering an internal power option?

            Regards
            de John
            EI7IG
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 17, 2007
              --- c0j <c0j_1999@...> wrote:

              > Another dumb question... I did a quick search in the
              > archives, and couldn't see the answer.
              > Are you considering an internal power option?

              John, the idea has come up and may be a feature in
              some future RTrak version. If I was to include a
              battery, it would be one of the new Lithium Polymer
              batteries, with a built in LiPo charger that can
              change the battery, while being powering from a +12V
              source.

              Maxim IC makes a single chip solution for LiPo
              charging, so I am looking into doing somthing with
              that down the road...long down the road.

            • Jon
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 18, 2007
                > > Another dumb question... I did a quick search in
                > the
                > > archives, and couldn't see the answer.
                > > Are you considering an internal power option?
                >
                > John, the idea has come up and may be a feature in
                > some future RTrak version. If I was to include a
                > battery, it would be one of the new Lithium Polymer
                > batteries, with a built in LiPo charger that can
                > change the battery, while being powering from a +12V
                > source.
                Nice...

                > Maxim IC makes a single chip solution for LiPo
                > charging, so I am looking into doing somthing with
                > that down the road...long down the road.
                Ok cool...

                For throwing in a pack.. it makes sense to have the
                batteries part of the unit..

                John