Random thoughts and comments...

  • Facility 406 DM09
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2007
      : Point well taken, Kurt. This is a good example of where some kind of
      : Mirage type amp would be useful. My other fear of adding the amp
      : would increase the price about another $40-50. At almost $300 a
      : unit, it's not very attractive to the average user anymore.

      An MMIC amp made with components from MiniCircuits would only add a few
      dollars to the cost of the TX module. I wasn't refering to the whole RTrak
      price, just the TX itself. I know what MiniCircuits asks for their stuff, I
      also know what goes into them and am under the impression everyone in
      marketing has a herion addiciton to try and justify their severe "bend over
      and take it" pricing. I got enough samples from them to build five high
      power units. If they can give the parts away, why do they ask nearly a
      grand? I think they are trying to re-coupe their developement costs on each
      and every unit they sell.

      Kurt