Re: RTRAK-HAB Success!

  • Jason R
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 17, 2011
      Mike,

      That is great news! Congrats on the successful flight!

      We appreciate your feedback on the HAB.

      Jason - KE4NYV
      RPC Electronics, LLC
      www.rpc-electronics.com

      --- In RTrak@yahoogroups.com, "n0mpm" <morgamp52@...> wrote:

      > I flew the new HAB version of RTRAK at GPSL on July 30, 2011. I am happy to report that Serial #0001 performed perfectly for the complete flight. Balloon burst was about 90,000 ft.
      >
      > The unit was powered with 2 Energizer 9V lithium batteries in parallel. The batteries had plenty of life left after the 160 minute flight.
      >
      > The BalloonSat weighed only 300 grams. The flight track is on APRS.FI with the call n0mpm-11.
      >
      > Mike
      > PENS (Pella Explores Near Space)

    • Joe
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 17, 2011
        Very cool Dude!
        Was that weight batteries and all?

        Joe WB9SBD
        Near Space Sciences
        Sig
        The Original Rolling Ball Clock
        Idle Tyme
        Idle-Tyme.com
        http://www.idle-tyme.com

        On 8/16/2011 10:25 PM, n0mpm wrote:
        I flew the new HAB version of RTRAK at GPSL on July 30, 2011.  I am happy to report that Serial #0001 performed perfectly for the complete flight.  Balloon burst was about 90,000 ft.

        The unit was powered with 2 Energizer 9V lithium batteries in parallel.  The batteries had plenty of life left after the 160 minute flight.

        The BalloonSat weighed only 300 grams.  The flight track is on APRS.FI with the call n0mpm-11.

        Mike
        PENS (Pella Explores Near Space)

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional