RTRAK-HAB Success!

  • n0mpm
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 16 8:25 PM
      I flew the new HAB version of RTRAK at GPSL on July 30, 2011. I am happy to report that Serial #0001 performed perfectly for the complete flight. Balloon burst was about 90,000 ft.

      The unit was powered with 2 Energizer 9V lithium batteries in parallel. The batteries had plenty of life left after the 160 minute flight.

      The BalloonSat weighed only 300 grams. The flight track is on APRS.FI with the call n0mpm-11.

      Mike
      PENS (Pella Explores Near Space)
    • Jason R
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 17 10:07 AM
        Mike,

        That is great news! Congrats on the successful flight!

        We appreciate your feedback on the HAB.

        Jason - KE4NYV
        RPC Electronics, LLC
        www.rpc-electronics.com

        --- In RTrak@yahoogroups.com, "n0mpm" <morgamp52@...> wrote:

        > I flew the new HAB version of RTRAK at GPSL on July 30, 2011. I am happy to report that Serial #0001 performed perfectly for the complete flight. Balloon burst was about 90,000 ft.
        >
        > The unit was powered with 2 Energizer 9V lithium batteries in parallel. The batteries had plenty of life left after the 160 minute flight.
        >
        > The BalloonSat weighed only 300 grams. The flight track is on APRS.FI with the call n0mpm-11.
        >
        > Mike
        > PENS (Pella Explores Near Space)

      • Joe
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 17 10:18 AM
          Very cool Dude!
          Was that weight batteries and all?

          Joe WB9SBD
          Near Space Sciences
          Sig
          The Original Rolling Ball Clock
          Idle Tyme
          Idle-Tyme.com
          http://www.idle-tyme.com

          On 8/16/2011 10:25 PM, n0mpm wrote:
          I flew the new HAB version of RTRAK at GPSL on July 30, 2011.  I am happy to report that Serial #0001 performed perfectly for the complete flight.  Balloon burst was about 90,000 ft.

          The unit was powered with 2 Energizer 9V lithium batteries in parallel.  The batteries had plenty of life left after the 160 minute flight.

          The BalloonSat weighed only 300 grams.  The flight track is on APRS.FI with the call n0mpm-11.

          Mike
          PENS (Pella Explores Near Space)

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional