Hammond Case used for RTrak

  • kc7hp
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2010
      I would like to mount my classic Rtrak on my BMW K75S motorcycle, with a trim 1/4W vertical using the aluminum travel rack as the ground plane. The efficiency of this arrangement appears low enough to not reach local digipeaters consistently. I am looking at the Communcations Concepts 335A <http://www.communication-concepts.com/335a.htm> amp to boost the signal to around four watts.

      Ideally, I would put this in a matching Hammond case <http://www.hammondmfg.com/scpg.htm#Ext?> but there are so many models to sift through on their website. Which model Hammond case does the Rtrak use?

      thx, hugh
      KC7HP
      Seattle
    • Jason R
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 29, 2010
        Hugh,

        Here is the case used on the Classic and LP RTrak:

        http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=1455J1201virtualkey54600000virtualkey546-1455J1201

        Hope that helps! Please post some pictures of the project, once you have completed installing. I would love to see that and I am sure there are others with a similar project in mind.

        Jason Rausch - KE4NYV
        RPC Electronics, LLC
        www.rpc-electronics.com