Re: [RTrak] Re: GPS problem?

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 29, 2008
      Norm VE7BZC wrote...

      > Voltage to GPS antenna = 3.0 Vdc / Current draw 32 mA...
      > Inspection shows that the 'cap' mod has been done.
      > The LM317 regulator does not run hot.
      > A simple cable inspection and 'shake' test for breaks, with meter
      > attached to cable, did not produce any noticeable results...

      Everything sounds pretty normal... except you mentioned earlier that it
      takes 3 hours to get a lock! Try connecting it to a PC with a null modem
      adapter or cable in line with the programming cable. You should see
      NMEA data in a terminal program, or better yet, fire up something
      like VisualGPS to take a look at the data it is spitting out.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 5, 2009
        Norm,

        Did you ever get this sorted out?