Re: [RTrak] Re: Tracker serial port misconfigured?

  • Steve Hatch
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 13, 2008
      Hi Jason,

      Below are the answers to your questions in order:

      - Yes, it powers up.

      - No, the top led is solid red and the bottom is solid green.

      - Yes, i am in prog mode while attempting a serial connection

      -  Yes, three, two desktop workstations with real built-in serial ports.

      -  Both, normally I use a Vista Laptop with a USB to serial adapter.  It seems to be working with the programming software for other radios.

      All I get is the "Ready to connect.  Please reset tracker now.

      Section 4.4 does not indicate what serial port speed, parity or error correction to use, so I used the standard 9600, 8, N ,1.

      I'm thinking I may have accidentally checked the erase device and load new firmware check box.

      Thanks,

      Steve - WA7DAD

      Jason Rausch wrote:

      Steve,

      The OpenTracker/ RTrak software is hard coded for baud rate, so it is
      basically impossible for you to actually change those settings.

      Just a few Troubleshooting ?'s
      Can you power up the RTrak?

      Does it function normally in RUN MODE?

      Can you switch to program mode and then back to run and get a red
      blink for GPS activity?

      Are you in PROG mode when attempting to read the unit?

      Have you tried another computer?

      Are you using a hardware comport or USB/serial adapter?

      www.rpc-electronics .com