Power Connector spec

  • ad8bc
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2008
      Hi all, does anybody know the spec for the power connector for the
      RTrak? I want to make a cable with a powerpole on the other end so I
      can plug it into my rigrunner instead of the cigarette lighter.

      By spec I mean the size, as in something like "5.5 x 2.5mm Plug", etc.

      Thanks!

      -- Bill AD8BC
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 29, 2008
        Hi Bill,

        The power connector on the RTrak is a standard 2.1mm pin diameter
        jack.

        A couple of guys have emailed me and told me that they chopped their
        included power cable in half and then installed PowerPoles on both
        cut ends. That way they can use the included cable with PowerPoles
        or plug the lighter plug back on and use it with a lighter socket.

        Thanks!