NTIA approval for Rtrak

  • usna71
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2008
      Jason:
      I am very interested in the Rtrak for our Civil Air Patrol
      squadron, but it does not appear to meet NTIA specs, at least as far
      as I can tell from this note from Juergen that I don't fully
      understand. Can you interpret and tell us if there is a way it can be
      made to meet specs?

      "The SRB-MX146 meets the spurious emission requirement but for
      harmonics you will need an external low pass filter to meet the
      -70dBc. On it's own it is -45dBc (usually quite a bit better).
      Stability on the parts we measured would meet the ±2.5ppm but we
      spec it at ±5ppm as we don't want to temperature test each and every
      unit. The digital injection modulation requires a reference oscillator
      with sufficient tuning range. These are not as stable as we would like
      them to be and the remaining temperature drift is compensated with the
      on-board thermometer. This can be set extremely accurate but as the
      crystal oscillators vary it isn't a guarantee to always be within your
      limits, we only have a fixed compensation curve.

      73, Juergen"

      thanks,
      Bill, KB1MOV