Couple of questions

  • John Hall
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 25 3:20 PM
      1) Power Output? (assumming its the SRB with 1/2W output)
      2) Possibility of adding power amp module to boost to 10W?
      3) Any pricing information yet?
      4) Able to get without case?

      Looking at up to 30 of these for use on a bike ride.

      John
      n5jrh
    • Jason
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 25 9:10 PM
        --- In rtrak@yahoogroups.com, "John Hall" <jorobhall@...> wrote:

        Hi John,

        > 1) Power Output? (assumming its the SRB with 1/2W output)

        500mW. We have been doing some testing into a 5/8 wave whip and have
        seen great results with moderately to well digi coverage.

        > 2) Possibility of adding power amp module to boost to 10W?

        Not likely from RPC. We don't typically like the idea of a "deaf"
        tracker with more power than about 1 watt. This does not keep you
        from adding on an external amp yourself.

        > 3) Any pricing information yet?

        Preliminary pricing is $225-240

        > 4) Able to get without case?

        Yes, most likely, the full price minus $15.

        > Looking at up to 30 of these for use on a bike ride.

        Great! I have you added to my list.

        Thanks!
      • Facility 406
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 25 10:14 PM
          "This does not keep you from adding on an external amp yourself."

          Any chance of making one available? I imagine many people want them for
          more than a tracker.

          "Preliminary pricing is $225-240"

          How about the SRBMX146 itself? I don't need a complete unit with GPS at
          this time, but have had a need for a low power TX and manually configured
          OT1 for quite some time.

          Kurt
        • Jason kg4wsv
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 26 4:15 AM
            On Sep 26, 2007, at 12:14 AM, Facility 406 wrote:

            > How about the SRBMX146 itself?

            Yeah, I second the question. Looks like a great candidate for a
            little Atmel to make a DF beacon.

            -j
            kg4wsv
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 26 5:19 AM
              --- Facility 406 <facility_406@...> wrote:

              > How about the SRBMX146 itself? I don't need a
              > complete unit with GPS at
              > this time, but have had a need for a low power TX
              > and manually configured
              > OT1 for quite some time.

              Yes, I am an SRB dealer and I will have the MX-146 for
              sale by it'self. SRB has not settled on a suggested
              price yet, so I can't say what they will sell for,
              just yet. I have an updated user's manual to upload
              to the site for the transmitter. If you go to the
              homepage and click on the "RF" link, you will find a
              picture and link to the manual. The current manual is
              slightly dated. I will try to get the updated manual
              posted today.