Re: [rtrak] Re: Poll: How would you use your RTrak(s)?

  • Facility 406
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2007
      "Are you going to use the onboard ADC's to collect the data?"

      I hadn't thought much about it, my main interest in this project is to
      monitor temperature and over-flow which I can do with remoting the OT
      temperature sensor and using a switch closure. There isn't a whole lot to
      keep track of in a a tank of sewage...

      Kurt
    • Curt, WE7U
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 4, 2007
        On Mon, 1 Oct 2007, Facility 406 wrote:

        > "Are you going to use the onboard ADC's to collect the data?"
        >
        > I hadn't thought much about it, my main interest in this project is to
        > monitor temperature and over-flow which I can do with remoting the OT
        > temperature sensor and using a switch closure. There isn't a whole lot to
        > keep track of in a a tank of sewage...

        Methane levels? Might help keep people alive that work in the area.

        --
        Curt, WE7U: <www.eskimo.com/~archer/> XASTIR: <www.xastir.org>
        The world DOES revolve around me: I picked the coordinate system!
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 4, 2007
          : Methane levels? Might help keep people alive that work in the area.

          That's a VERY good idea as two areas are somewhat enclosed. There are about
          ten vents on the main building, but due to the gasses cooling in the winter
          and coming into windows and foundation vents, there is a design in the works
          for a 40 - 50 foot tower to draw the gasses about 300' away from the main
          storage tank, about 400' from the nearest area used by people, this would
          also create a low pressure area in the two enclosed areas. The pipe on the
          tower would be painted black to help create a convection current to draw the
          gasses away from the buildings, the vents would then be replaced with a
          large lateral pipe under the roof with grilles to the outside at the east
          and west ends, these would always be under a slight vacuum.

          Kurt
        • usna71
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 19, 2007
            I need to do three things involved with a balloon ascent to 120,000
            feet. Track it with a position every minute, obtain continuous
            telemetry data from it, and get a beacon from it for finding it on the
            ground after the flight.