Rtrak Up with new CONFIG

  • Dennis Rogers
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2008
      See my packets at N5VRP-11.
      Some things work differently between my TinyTrak 4 and Rtrak.
      You use PROFILES to send different types of data on each packet message.

      Packet = APRS message. I do not want to mislead anyone.

      I have it working like I need it too sending three type of packets.

      1. Position or GPS packets with Longitude, Latitude, Altitude, Course, Speed.
      2. Temp and Voltage packets with Comment Text.
      3. Telemetry packets as #Txx 133,125,255,255,255,00000011  (where xx = Telemetry Msg Number).

      If anyone wants to review my CONIG display, contact me directly for a screen snapshot. I have been able to acquire knowledge
      about the Rtrak just adjusting parameters and retesting it each time saving configuration files to reload/Write them to the Rtrak.

      73's
      Make sure you look and understand the callsign on the internet with FINDU.com or other APRS tracker out there. Also, remember to RELOAD
      your screen to get updates. They do not reload or update data every three minutes like Radar Loops.

      --
      Regards,

      Dennis, N5VRP
      n5vrp.satx@...
      or n5vrp@...

      ARRL Member
      Cactus-Intertie Member
      AMSAT Member, President's Club
      73's from SATX
    • Dennis Rogers
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2008
        Last night I tried many different configurations. You have to use Two Profiles for Rtrak to send position and telemetry data since this can only be done
        via two packet messages sent separately. It does NOT allow in Rtrak that I can see for this to be done in one packet.

        I am now trying to resolve the timing issues of when and how often packets are sent. So onward trying to set this up properly based on I want ALL
        position information and telemetry to be sent in three or four messages every 10, 15 minutes respectively.

        Russ, the configuration displays I sent you would only allow position data packets only. The timing of those packets are not controlled with TX delay
        as in other trackers. It has to be Profile One vs. Two. What is the timing sequence needed between Profile One and Two to allow this to happen.
        This I am not sure of at this time. Will advise.

        At this time I have all data being sent out, but too often.

        Dennis

        --
        Regards,

        Dennis, N5VRP
        n5vrp.satx@...
        or n5vrp@...

        ARRL Member
        Cactus-Intertie Member
        AMSAT Member, President's Club
        73's from SATX
      • Russ Chadwick
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2008
          Dennis,

          Could you send me the snapshot of your latest configuration. My RTrak
          is getting GPS lock and is transmitting. The packets are full strength
          on my radio, but my TNC-X (that works fine with other packets on the
          data output of the radio) doesn't decode the RTrak packets. There is no
          yellow LED flash when the RTrak packet is received on the radio. It's
          not clear to me what the best transmitter settings are to produce good
          packets.

          Thanks in advance.

          Russ KB0TVJ