Rtrak Shipping

  • Dennis Rogers
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 7, 2008
      Jason,

           I am dropping you this email to make sure you have my current email address.
      ISPs are just not what they used to be. How is the first of orders going. Hope all is
      going ok as to weather in your area as it is not a normal March for us yet.
      Looking forward to the shipment of the Rtrak II.

      73's

      --
      Regards,

        Dennis, N5VRP
        n5vrp.satx@...
        or n5vrp@...

      ARRL Member
      Cactus-Intertie Member
      AMSAT Member, President's Club
      73's from SATX
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 12, 2008
        Dennis and the group,

        I am sorry that I have not posted sooner to the group with the status
        of shipment. We are currently busy building. We have a few parts on
        the way. As soon as these parts come in, we will program all of the
        units and start shipping.

        We are a bit behind on the shipping schedule, but we are working as
        fast as we can to get caught up.

        To prove we are hard at it, I have posted a coupld of pictures of the
        production units being built right now:

        Remember, you can always check the shipping status page for details
        on when your order will ship. We are updating this daily and it will
        reflect each step along the way.

        Shipping Status Page:

        http://www.rpc-electronics.com/orderstatus.php

        Thanks to everyone for their patience and support as we get through
        this first wave!

        --- In rtrak@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Rogers" <n5vrp.satx@...> wrote:

        > Jason,
        >
        > I am dropping you this email to make sure you have my current
        email
        > address.
        > ISPs are just not what they used to be. How is the first of orders
        going.
        > Hope all is
        > going ok as to weather in your area as it is not a normal March for
        us yet.
        > Looking forward to the shipment of the Rtrak II.
        >
        > 73's
        >
        > --
        > Regards,
        >
        > Dennis, N5VRP
        > n5vrp.satx@...
        > or n5vrp@...
        >
        > ARRL Member
        > Cactus-Intertie Member
        > AMSAT Member, President's Club
        > 73's from SATX

      • Dennis Rogers
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 12, 2008
          Thanks, Jason.
          Make sure you are getting enough sleep, LOL.
          Appreciate the update.

          Dennis

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 14, 2008
            Jason KE4NYV wrote...

            > We are currently busy building...

            Looking good! Just curious... how long is the cable for the GPS antenna?
            Also, what are the max/min supply voltages? Any thoughts about a
            slightly longer case so batteries cold be internal?

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 16, 2008
              > Looking good! Just curious... how long is the cable
              > for the GPS antenna?

              5 meters or ~16 feet.

              > Also, what are the max/min supply voltages?

              Minimal: 9VDC
              Max: 35VDC

              > Any thoughts about a slightly longer case so
              > batteries cold be internal?

              Actually, we have looked into rearanging the component
              placement to squeeze in a LiPo (Lithium Polymer)
              battery and balancing charging circuit. With the
              weight very little, current rating high and the cost
              dropping on LiPo batteries, it's a perfect match for
              the RTrak.

              The internal battery option is at least a year away.