Another Day another Order

  • RobertCGRO
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2008
      Scott,

      Just put in my pre-order. I surprised myself because I forgot that I
      had $100 left-over in my Paypal account, so it cost me only $160 out-of-
      pocket for the RTrak! It really helps that the Canuck buck is on par
      these days.

      I plan on showing the RTrak off at a local ham club meeting in the
      spring and doing a general talk on APRS and how to get started APRS.FI
      and RTRAK make it very easy for plug-n-play APRS. A lot of changes have
      been made in just short year in this growing aspect of the amateur
      radio service.

      Found a South African website that also sells and all-in-wonder APRS
      tracker very similar and I nearly did a double take, but they use the
      cellular GSM band down there to really the APRS packets. GSM has a
      dedicate packet channel and they've tapped into that system and
      probably that the future of APRS in this part of the world also.

      Check it out at: http://eytraker.com/

      73,
      Robert, VA3ROM
      http://my.tbaytel.net/va3rom