462Re: RTrak-HAB doesn't lock

  • Jason R
    Mar 27 12:37 PM
      With the Compernicus GPS chipset, you should be seeing a cold lock of 30 seconds or less, with a good view of the sky. In a few instances I saw a little longer, but never more than a minute.

      In fact, in our testing, we only have a small mag mount patch antenna sitting in the window sill. It can only "see" to the north and we still get a lock in about a minute or less most of the time. Of course, there are times when the antenna cannot see enough birds to the north, so it takes longer.

      Jason, if you would like, please send them all to us to look at. Maybe there is something going on that is causing this, but it's hard to understand how all six units would be doing the same thing.

      Are you getting the LED indication that the NMEA data is getting from the GPS to the OpenTracker controller? Stupid question, are the jumpers in place to connect the two together?

      We are working on a new version of the RTrak-HAB that will use USB for configuration, eliminating the need to pull a jumper and isolate the GPS from the serial lines to program.

      Jason Rausch - KE4NYV
      RPC Electronics, LLC
      www.rpc-electronics.com