448Re: My RTrak-HAB, not let me change frequency to 144 800 tx

  • Jason R
    Mar 5, 2013
      Scott et All,

      It always seems that I am sold out and never have any units left for my own use, but let me see if I have something I can send you for testing. I think it would be best to send you an RTrak-HAB, since that is the unit that most are using for dual-frequency operations.

      However, I can report that I did a test a couple of weeks ago with my test unit. I set it to beacon on 144.390 and then 144.790. Alternating back and fourth every beacon. I then set both up with two D7 handhelds on the respective frequencies. Upon power up, I could watch the unit switch back and fourth on every beacon, decoding them on the two D7 handhelds. My test showed that the dual-frequency function was working, but I have heard from too many people stating that it does NOT work to just assume that it does work 100%

      I need to set that back up and shoot a short video of it working. I might even do a short screen capture video showing how to set up the tracker in the configuration program.

      For those that want to at least read through the instructions, I have posted a special page on the website showing step by step how to set up dual frequency operation:

      It is important to note that this function will NOT work if you have re-flashed your RTrak-HAB with the standard OpenTracker 1+ firmware. This firmware does not contain the frequency control code!

      Jason Rausch - KE4NYV
      RPC Electronics, LLC