439RTrak Tuning?

  • sdrumm_98
    Oct 25, 2012
      I've noticed two problems with my latest RTrak installation:

      (1) My 2m voice rig occasionally picks up the beacons from the RTrak when I'm tuned to 145.390 (local repeater) even though the RTrak is broadcasting on 144.390, and...

      (2) Compared to my earlier setup (an OT w/ a Yaesu VX-170) my packets aren't being consistently picked up by the local APRS network. I'd say maybe 1 out of 4 transmissions is successful.

      Based on the above, I'm wondering if I have a transmitter deviation problem. What's the best way to "tune" the RTrak?

      Thanks!

      73
      N3XFD
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic