267RE: [RTrak] Re: Red light flashing...

  • Curt, WE7U
    Jun 5, 2008
      On Thu, 5 Jun 2008, Wilson, Dion wrote:

      > To inquire about the coax pinch, this is the RG-316 type coax, one of
      > its applications is to be used in trunk mount scenarios. We use this in
      > many GPS and RF applications and have not had this type of pinch issue.
      > Curt, WE7U commented it could be pinching, what other way would you
      > consider the mag mount GPS antenna to be routed?

      It doesn't sound like the issue, so forget it. It was one
      possibility that came to mind that might have explained why it was
      working for Jason but not for you.

      What else could it be... Voltage drops when transmitting. RF spurs
      getting into the GPS and causing it to lose lock (unlikely as the
      frequencies are quite separated). Severe GPS multipath at your
      testing location.

      Curt, WE7U. archer at eskimo dot com