266RE: [RTrak] Re: Red light flashing...

  • Wilson, Dion
    Jun 5, 2008

      I think I need to ship this back…I moved the unit from the trunk to the passenger seat.  The unit locks in for a few minutes and then ‘unsyncs’ a few minutes later.  I see the flashing green light and the occasional red TX light.  Then it will start flashing red with no discernible reason.  Both the GPS and 2M antenna run out the sunroof with it OPEN.  The power comes from the 12 ashtray plug.  Since before it was mounted in the trunk I could not attest to its type of hiccups it was having.  I have a USB to DB-9 adapter and will view its data stream as Jason suggested.  I don’t mind spending some time working on it since in the spirit of the hobby we should be able to solve the issue.  But my time is already in short demand to even be messing with this issue.  (not a dig!)  I will work on over the weekend best I have time available and then make a decision on what can be done.

      To inquire about the coax pinch, this is the RG-316 type coax, one of its applications is to be used in trunk mount scenarios.  We use this in many GPS and RF applications and have not had this type of pinch issue.  Curt, WE7U commented it could be pinching, what other way would you consider the mag mount GPS antenna to be routed?

      D 'Noid' Wilson

      Frontline Communication

      “The Finest Command and Broadcast Vehicles in the World”

      BAS 2 GHz Relocation Project ENG

      Semper Fi

      727.580.8603

      727.571.3295 FAX