UFOs a Christian Look by Hugh Ross

  • geobubs
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2012
      Hi All!

      I wanted to invite everyone to read up on Hugh Ross's views on UFOs. Please stay with the series. Its a chance to learn many things...

      http://chatteraboutstuff.blogspot.com/2012/09/ufos-alternative-look-series.html
    • Mark Penn
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 2, 2012
        If Hugh Ross says it, it must be a lie or otherwise a compromise with a lie. Pass.

        Mark

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 2, 2012
          Scores of scientists and notable theologians corroborate the findings. In fact, the Bible even corroborates much of what he says. There are nearly 160 verses relating to UFOs. There has to be something to this.

          --- In RTB_Discussion_Group@yahoogroups.com, Mark Penn <yeshuahameshiach15065@...> wrote:

          > If Hugh Ross says it, it must be a lie or otherwise a compromise with a lie. Pass.
          >
          > Mark

        • Dave Oldridge
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 2, 2012

            While Hugh is certainly out of touch with reality, I cannot see why YOU should object, since you are just as far out of touch. Perhaps it's your cult's infatuation with blaming hypocrisy!

            --

            Dave Oldridge
          • Mark Penn
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 2, 2012
              There is something to it. Guy Malone (http://alienresistance.org/alienresistancevideos.htm)  was a researcher with MUFON Fla chapter. He discovered one day that in some "alien encounters" the victims were able to put a stop to the episode by invoking the name of Jesus Christ. His name would make the "aliens" groan in pain, make them leave, and never come back. He also noted that these beings travel far to make a point to tell us the Bible  isn't true and push some sort of New Age teaching.

              Seeing as how the Bible isn't Hugh Ross' authority I wouldn't be suprised if he doesn't know what to malke of it. He is waiting no doubt for secular man to tell him what to think.

              Just a note Guy Malone thought he was onto something and went to all the other MUFON chapters. To a man they all knew about this phenomenon but remained silent. I would suggest their silence was an admission that they knew if they mentioned the spiritual nature of these encounters that would be the end of their careers. No more History Channel, no more Discovery Channel, no more books, and no more speaking fees.

              Mark

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 2, 2012

                I see that you have not yet given up the tactic of blatant false witness as
                part of your cult apologetic.

                It may well be that some of the manifestations classed as "alien" are
                demonic in nature. It is in the nature of demons to deceive humans about
                their real nature, posing as gods, Angels of light, etc. I would not put
                posing as aliens pass them. That, however, does not necessarily mean there
                are no aliens. I am rather skeptical about claims of alien encounters,
                though, as the distances in the universe are pretty vast. In fact, those
                distances are literally huge compared to which the speed of light is
                glacially slow. That is how we know that the universe is far, far older than
                certain pseudo-Christian cults claim it is. The real God has written the age
                of the universe across our night sky. We do not need to misinterpret the
                Bible in order to see it.

                --

                Dave Oldridge
              • Mark Penn
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 2, 2012
[...]

                  *** These "beings" at first claimed to be from Mars or Venus until we built spacecraft capable of going there. Then they started claiming to be from farther out. So like Dave, they used distance as proof they are legit.

                  Why am I not surpised to see Dave deny the Bible and those that follow it but argue for the existance of alien life. LOLOL.

                  Mark

                • Dave Oldridge
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 2, 2012

                    It is not the Bible I deny, is you and the demon that you rode in on, which
                    claims falsely that the Bible teaches that God is a liar and that false
                    witness is a valid apologetic.

                    We have been over this before. You are obdurate in your lies and adamant in
                    repeating them. Therefore you are an excommunicate heretics who teaches that
                    lying in God's name is necessary to salvation. It is not I who curses you,
                    is the God you blaspheme.

                    As I stated, the age of the universe is written large across the sky. The
                    fact that you won't read it because it conflicts with your private
                    interpretation of Genesis, which you use as the proximate excuse for your
                    sins of blasphemy and false witness is irrelevant. Your teachings are
                    heresy, cursed by God and, if you insist on them until the end will lead you
                    directly to an eternity is the slave of your true god, the real inspiration
                    of your lies, the father of all lies. And unless you repent your sins and
                    truly abjure them along with Satan and all his pomps, you will end up
                    serving him as his slave forever in the pit of hell.

                    That's not just my opinion, that's what Scripture teaches.

                    --

                    Dave Oldridge
                  • geobubs
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 2, 2012
                      I encourage you to take a look at the Science briefs I prepared for the series.

                      JT