in honor of Alaska's record snow fall...

  • krinks
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 11, 2012
      from an old UK Independant article on AGW:

      Britain's winter ends tomorrow with further indications of a striking environmental change: snow is starting to disappear from our lives.

      Sledges, snowmen, snowballs and the excitement of waking to find that the stuff has settled outside are all a rapidly diminishing part of Britain's culture, as warmer winters - which scientists are attributing to global climate change - produce not only fewer white Christmases, but fewer white Januaries and Februaries.

      The first two months of 2000 were virtually free of significant snowfall in much of lowland Britain, and December brought only moderate snowfall in the South-east. It is the continuation of a trend that has been increasingly visible in the past 15 years: in the south of England, for instance, from 1970 to 1995 snow and sleet fell for an average of 3.7 days, while from 1988 to 1995 the average was 0.7 days. London's last substantial snowfall was in February 1991.

      *** Anyone care to bet the AGW whores out there will find a way to blame the record snow on AGW? It seems no matter what the condition AGW is to blame. These funding whores have no shame.
    • PIASAN@aol.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 11, 2012
        Krinks wrote:
        *** Anyone care to bet the AGW whores out there will find a way to blame the
        record snow on AGW? It seems no matter what the condition AGW is to blame. These
        funding whores have no shame.

        Pi points out:
        And we have record heat and an absence of snow in the "lower 48" states. Further, Oklahoma and Texas posted record high monthly averages for temperatures last summer. Does that count?

      • Mark Penn
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 11, 2012
          The point is no matter what we get no matter what the trend, warm or cold, AGW is blamed. This proves it a hoax by funding whores.

          I used to enjoy a re-run of a program from the 70s called 'In Search Of' . I saw it first run and many times since. It had an episode explaining the coming Ice Age due to global cooling (the first Earth Day was to raise awareness about this dire issue) and many dire environmental predictions that all proved wrong of course. With the rise of man made AGW and carbon taxes warmings such as this seems to have disappeared. Too embarrassing I imagine.

          Proof and fact never gets is the way of a money-making scheme especially if those making the money throw it around to media and academic types.

          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 13, 2012
            Of course, you realize it is usually too cold in that part of Alaska for there to be 15 feet or so of snow accumulation. This is because colder air can't hold the moisture content necessary. Add to that the fact that virtually every glacier on the planet is in retreat; the Arctic ice cap is shrinking to new record minimums virtually every summer; and Antarctica has been shedding icebergs the size of Rhode Island.

            In view of those observations, global warming is an undeniable fact..... the extent of man's responsibility is a different issue. So is what, if anything, we can do about it.

            Krinks wrote:
            ** Anyone care to bet the AGW whores out there will find a way to blame the
            ecord snow on AGW? It seems no matter what the condition AGW is to blame. These
            funding whores have no shame.
            Pi points out:
            nd we have record heat and an absence of snow in the "lower 48" states.
            urther, Oklahoma and Texas posted record high monthly averages for temperatures
            ast summer. Does that count?

          • Mark Penn
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 13, 2012
              LIE.

              AGW has been blamed for GROWING galaciers as recently as 4 years ago: http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/story/2008/07/09/shasta-glaciers.html

              The new study by scientists at the Universities of California and Potsdam has found that half of the glaciers in the Karakoram range, in the northwestern Himlaya, are in fact advancing and that global warming is not the deciding factor in whether a glacier survives or melts.

              Dr Bodo Bookhagen, Dirk Scherler and Manfred Strecker studied 286 glaciers between the Hindu Kush on the Afghan-Pakistan border to Bhutan, taking in six areas.

              Their report, published in the journal Nature Geoscience, found the key factor affecting their advance or retreat is the amount of debris – rocks and mud – strewn on their surface.
              http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/climatechange/8284223/Some-Himalayan-glaciers-are-advancing-rather-than-melting-study-finds.html

              Thanks to the internet people like you can't get away with lying any more. People like me don't have to rely upon degenerate Quislings like Rather or Cronkite, we can do our own research and find stories funding whores like you try your hardest to pretend doesn't exist.

              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 23, 2012
                On 11/01/2012 9:28 AM, krinks wrote:
                > from an old UK Independant article on AGW:
                >
                > Britain's winter ends tomorrow with further indications of a striking environmental change: snow is starting to disappear from our lives.
                >
                > Sledges, snowmen, snowballs and the excitement of waking to find that the stuff has settled outside are all a rapidly diminishing part of Britain's culture, as warmer winters - which scientists are attributing to global climate change - produce not only fewer white Christmases, but fewer white Januaries and Februaries.
                >
                > The first two months of 2000 were virtually free of significant snowfall in much of lowland Britain, and December brought only moderate snowfall in the South-east. It is the continuation of a trend that has been increasingly visible in the past 15 years: in the south of England, for instance, from 1970 to 1995 snow and sleet fell for an average of 3.7 days, while from 1988 to 1995 the average was 0.7 days. London's last substantial snowfall was in February 1991.
                >

                > *** Anyone care to bet the AGW whores out there will find a way to blame the record snow on AGW? It seems no matter what the condition AGW is to blame. These funding whores have no shame.

                God says not to bear false witness. Your utter rebellion is noted and
                your excommunication is therefore voluntary (on your part).

                You will have only yourself to blame when you are cast into the outer
                darkness.

                --
                Dave Oldridge
              • Dave Oldridge
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 23, 2012
                  On 11/01/2012 9:50 AM, Mark Penn wrote:
                  > The point is no matter what we get no matter what the trend, warm or cold, AGW is blamed. This proves it a hoax by funding whores.

                  The only whores here are the so-called "conservative Christians"
                  peddling the false gospel of your false god, Mammon. You will spend a
                  hot eternity with him.

                  --
                  Dave Oldridge
                • Dave Oldridge
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 23, 2012
                    On 13/01/2012 6:28 AM, PIASAN@... wrote:

                    > Of course, you realize it is usually too cold in that part of Alaska for there to be 15 feet or so of snow accumulation. This is because colder air can't hold the moisture content necessary. Add to that the fact that virtually every glacier on the planet is in retreat; the Arctic ice cap is shrinking to new record minimums virtually every summer; and Antarctica has been shedding icebergs the size of Rhode Island.
                    >
                    > In view of those observations, global warming is an undeniable fact..... the extent of man's responsibility is a different issue. So is what, if anything, we can do about it.

                    We can't do anything about it. We are enslaved by our own greed and
                    desire and that will only end with a torrent of human suffering which
                    these Mammon-pimps will dutifully blame on their victims.

                    The deity they pretend falsely to serve has no use for their greed and
                    dishonesty and will send them from His presence in the end. They will
                    be permitted to enjoy the fruits of their falsehoods for a time only.

                    It is not necessary to tell them to go to hell. They have the project
                    well in hand but are trying to drag everyone they can with them.

                    --
                    Dave Oldridge
                  • Dave Oldridge
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 23, 2012
                      On 13/01/2012 12:37 PM, Mark Penn wrote:
                      > LIE.
                      >
                      > AGW has been blamed for GROWING galaciers as recently as 4 years ago: http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/story/2008/07/09/shasta-glaciers.html

                      Uh, glaciers are built by snowfall, so when snowfall increases due to
                      warming, then the glaciers may grow. But the big ones on Greenland,
                      Axel Heiberg and Antarctica have been shrinking.

                      As for lying, I have not noticed that you have anything against it at
                      all. Rather, it is a sacrament in your false religion. Tell your phony
                      "god" that my old friend Mike is looking for him.

                      Some facts:

                      In the history of this planet (which is far, far longer than the 6000
                      years you lie about), every time the CO2 levels have exceeded about
                      400ppm, the earth's average temperature has jumped to around 20C. Right
                      now the amount is around 350ppm and is increasing. You Mammon and
                      Moloch worshipers want to burn ALL the fossil fuels as fast as
                      possible. That will certainly accomplish your goal.

                      --
                      Dave Oldridge
                    • David Bowman
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jan 27, 2012
                        Regarding:

                        > In the history of this planet (which is far, far longer than
                        > the 6000 years you lie about), every time the CO2 levels have
                        > exceeded about 400ppm, the earth's average temperature has
                        > jumped to around 20C. Right now the amount is around 350ppm
                        > and is increasing. You Mammon and Moloch worshipers want to
                        > burn ALL the fossil fuels as fast as possible. That will
                        > certainly accomplish your goal.
                        >
                        > --
                        > Dave Oldridge

                        Dave, your CO2 data are outdated by decades. The yearly average CO2 level has not been as low as 350 ppm since early 1988. The Dec 2011 avg CO2 level as measured at the Mauna Loa observatory was 391.80 ppm. The annual avg CO2 level for 2011 was 391.57 ppm. In the last decade the yearly averaged CO2 level has increased at an average rate of 2.07 ppm per year (usually between 2 & 2.2 deg C per year). At the current rate of growth the annual average CO2 level will hit 400 ppm in about 4 years.

                        Also, by way of background reference ,the global average (land and sea surface) temperature for Dec 2011 was 12.66 deg C. The yearly average surface temperature for all of 2011 was 15.66 deg C. This is about 0.5 deg C warmer than the average surface temperature over the 30 year 1951 - 1980 baseline time period. The Earth's average surface temperature was never as warm as 20 deg C in any historical time period. One would have to go back at least to the Miocene if not the Eocene epoch to see a global surface temperature that high.

                        http://co2now.org/
                        http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/2011/
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleocene-Eocene_Thermal_Maximum

                        Dave Bowman
                      • Dave Oldridge
                        Message 11 of 16 , Feb 2, 2012
                          On 27/01/2012 7:21 PM, David Bowman wrote:
                          > Regarding:
                          >
                          >> In the history of this planet (which is far, far longer than the
                          >> 6000 years you lie about), every time the CO2 levels have exceeded
                          >> about 400ppm, the earth's average temperature has jumped to around
                          >> 20C. Right now the amount is around 350ppm and is increasing. You
                          >> Mammon and Moloch worshipers want to burn ALL the fossil fuels as
                          >> fast as possible. That will certainly accomplish your goal.
                          >>
                          >> -- Dave Oldridge
                          >
                          > Dave, your CO2 data are outdated by decades. The yearly average CO2
                          > level has not been as low as 350 ppm since early 1988. The Dec 2011
                          > avg CO2 level as measured at the Mauna Loa observatory was 391.80
                          > ppm. The annual avg CO2 level for 2011 was 391.57 ppm. In the last
                          > decade the yearly averaged CO2 level has increased at an average rate
                          > of 2.07 ppm per year (usually between 2& 2.2 deg C per year). At
                          > the current rate of growth the annual average CO2 level will hit 400
                          > ppm in about 4 years.

                          OK...I haven't really been paying that much attention to current values.
                          But we are rapidly approaching levels not seen for over a million years.

                          > Also, by way of background reference ,the global average (land and
                          > sea surface) temperature for Dec 2011 was 12.66 deg C. The yearly
                          > average surface temperature for all of 2011 was 15.66 deg C. This is
                          > about 0.5 deg C warmer than the average surface temperature over the
                          > 30 year 1951 - 1980 baseline time period. The Earth's average
                          > surface temperature was never as warm as 20 deg C in any historical
                          > time period. One would have to go back at least to the Miocene if
                          > not the Eocene epoch to see a global surface temperature that high.

                          Quite so and CO2 levels are beginning to approach those of those times.

                          --
                          Dave Oldridge
                        • Mark Penn
                          Message 12 of 16 , Feb 2, 2012
                            LIE as usual. Remember that the ancients accurately describes what Antartica looked like without ice something no modern man has ever seen. Ground penetrating radar proved the ancient accounts as factual.

                            Mark

                            Message 13 of 16 , Feb 3, 2012
                              LIE as usual. Remember that the ancients accurately describes what Antartica
                              ooked like without ice something no modern man has ever seen. Ground
                              enetrating radar proved the ancient accounts as factual.

                              Pi:
                              Source?

                            • Mark Penn
                              Message 14 of 16 , Feb 3, 2012
                                http://www.world-mysteries.com/sar_1.htm

                                http://oopartifacts.blogspot.com/2009/05/piri-reis-map.html

                                Message 15 of 16 , Feb 3, 2012
                                  http://english.pravda.ru/society/anomal/02-12-2002/1609-antarctica-0/

                                  Message 16 of 16 , Feb 5, 2012
                                    On 02/02/2012 4:01 PM, Mark Penn wrote:
                                    > LIE as usual. Remember that the ancients accurately describes what
                                    > Antartica looked like without ice something no modern man has ever
                                    > seen. Ground penetrating radar proved the ancient accounts as
                                    > factual.

                                    Mark, you are so besotted with your false god, the father of lies that
                                    you will end up his slave for an eternity.

                                    And you cannot ever say you weren't warned.

                                    --
                                    Dave Oldridge