Question for Danny about ICR Museum

  • Mark Whorton
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 11, 2008
      Hi Danny,

      I noticed in the June 08 Acts & Facts from ICR that they
      credited you with helping to update �The Day 4 Room� in their museum.. They mention a few points that they make in
      this exhibit, and I want to make sure I understand your position on three
      points they make (quotes are from the article):

      1. Do you believe that the special creation of a young universe is a better interpretation of the � �winding up dilemma� concerning spiral galaxies� than are the mainstream candidate explanations for spiral galaxy rotation rates?
      2. Do you believe that the special creation of a young universe is a better interpretation of short period comets than are the mainstream candidate explanations involving the Kuiper Belt and the Oort Cloud?
      3. Do you believe that the supposed shortage of supernovae remnants is due to a recent creation rather than mainstream candidate explanations?

      I�m curious because I thought there are solid OEC answers to these arguments. And in general, a lack of evidence corroborating
      mainstream theories does not necessarily prove a recent creation, so I just
      want to know where you stand on these three young earth arguments.

      Thanks,
      Mark Whorton

    • Mark Penn
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 12, 2008
        >>> I’m curious because I thought there are solid OEC answers to these
        arguments. And in general, a lack of evidence corroborating
        mainstream theories does not necessarily prove a recent creation, so I
        just
        want to know where you stand on these three young earth arguments.

        *** How about scripture and the clear timeline from the first Adam to the last Adam which makes an Old Earth a pagan lie?

        How about the fact that the only ones in Jesus' day that believed in an Old Earth were pagans? Do you really think that pagans have it right and the followers of Yeshua didn't? Yes, the subject did come up. Early church writings and full of the subject.

        Mark

      • Dave Oldridge
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 13, 2008
          On 12 Aug 2008 at 14:18, Mark Penn wrote:

          > these
          > arguments. And in general, a lack of evidence corroborating
          > mainstream theories does not necessarily prove a recent
          > creation, so I
          > just
          > want to know where you stand on these three young earth
          > arguments.
          >

          > *** How about scripture and the clear timeline from the first
          > Adam to the last Adam which makes an Old Earth a pagan lie?

          It is latter-day young earth creationism that is the pagan lie.
          By imputing appalling deceptiveness to Almighty God, the cult
          teaches not only bad science, but deeply heretical theology.

          God Almighty is NOT some pagan trickster who creates a pile of
          lies in the real world and then "corrects" them in a book.
          Either your interpretation of the book is wrong or the book is
          wrong. Demonstrably.

          If telling the actual truth about the science is a sin, then you
          can take your demon-god and go to hell with it for all I care. I
          exorcise false gods like that and they frequently pretend to be
          the real thing.

          --

          Dave Oldridge
          ICQ 1800667
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 13, 2008
            >>> It is latter-day young earth creationism that is the pagan lie.
            By imputing appalling deceptiveness to Almighty God, the cult
            teaches not only bad science, but deeply heretical theology.

            God Almighty is NOT some pagan trickster who creates a pile of
            lies in the real world and then "corrects" them in a book.
            Either your interpretation of the book is wrong or the book is
            wrong. Demonstrably.

            If telling the actual truth about the science is a sin, then you
            can take your demon-god and go to hell with it for all I care. I
            exorcise false gods like that and they frequently pretend to be
            the real thing.

            *** I noticed that your "reply" did not take into account the following facts that are beyond dispute:

            #1 There is a clear timeline from the first Adam to the last Adam, which makes the notion of billions of years ridiculous.

            #2 The early church did indeed deal with this issue as the pagans of that day said the very same thing about the age of the Earth and the book of Genesis that you are saying today.

            By all means though stick your head right back into the sand and keep acting as if you know the word of God, respect it, and follow it. We know better though don't we?

            Mark

          • Whorton, Mark S. (MSFC-EV42)
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 13, 2008
              What does any of that have to do with the question I asked Danny?

              Mark
              Dr. Mark S. Whorton
              Branch Chief
              EV42 / Guidance, Navigation, and Mission Analysis
              NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
              ph: 256-544-1435
              fax: 256-544-3195
              mark.whorton@... <mailto:mark.whorton@...>

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 13, 2008
                On 13 Aug 2008 at 4:22, Mark Penn wrote:

                > lie.
                > By imputing appalling deceptiveness to Almighty God, the cult
                > teaches not only bad science, but deeply heretical theology.
                >
                > God Almighty is NOT some pagan trickster who creates a pile of
                > lies in the real world and then "corrects" them in a book.
                > Either your interpretation of the book is wrong or the book is
                > wrong. Demonstrably.
                >
                > If telling the actual truth about the science is a sin, then you
                > can take your demon-god and go to hell with it for all I care. I
                > exorcise false gods like that and they frequently pretend to be
                > the real thing.
                >

                > *** I noticed that your "reply" did not take into account the
                > following facts that are beyond dispute:
                >

                > #1 There is a clear timeline from the first Adam to the last
                > Adam, which makes the notion of billions of years ridiculous.

                Only in the interpretations enforced by your cult.

                > #2 The early church did indeed deal with this issue as the
                > pagans of that day said the very same thing about the age of the
                > Earth and the book of Genesis that you are saying today.

                The pagans were not stupid and, as St. Augustine noted, there
                were yammerheads like you, even in his day.

                > By all means though stick your head right back into the sand
                > and keep acting as if you know the word of God, respect it, and
                > follow it. We know better though don't we?

                You know your master, the devil. quite well. I don't think you
                know or love God at all.

                You have shown me no evidence of your alleged spiritual rebirth
                at all. But feel free to keep trying to lie your way into hell.
                You can succeed if you really try.

                --

                Dave Oldridge
                ICQ 1800667