Re: [RTB Discussion Group] Isaac Newton calls Catholics Unbelievers

  • Dave Oldridge
    Message 1 of 2 , May 21, 2006
      On 20 May 2006 at 8:56, Mark Penn wrote:

      > " He that without better grounds then his private opinion or
      > the opinion of any human authority whatsoever shall turn
      > scripture from the plain meaning to an Allegory or to any
      > other less than naturall sense declares thereby that reposes
      > more trust in his own imaginations or in that human authority
      > then

      Does the reverse hold true. When, with really solid physical
      grounds and textual grounds one interprets scripture
      allegorically instead of literally, is it not, then fully
      justified?

      > in the scriptures <and by consequence that he is no true
      > beleever> . And therefore the opinion of such men so matter how
      > numerous soever they be, is not to be regarded. Hence it is and
      > not from any recall uncertainty in the scripture that
      > commentators have distorted it;And this hath been the door
      > through which all Heresies have crept in and turned out the
      > ancient faith. "

      So why are you insisting that 2000 years of Church tradition are
      wrong and the private opinions of a few American heretics are
      right? Especially when the physical evidence says they are
      wrong?

      I suspect the real reason is that, unless you do something as
      egregious as this, most of us won't pay any attention to you at
      all!

      --

      Dave Oldridge
      ICQ 1800667