Re: [RTB Discussion Group] WAS NOAH'S FLOOD WORLDWIDE?

  • PIASAN@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2005
      Three simple questions that no YEC has ever been able to answer adequately:
      1) Where did the water come from?
      2) Where did it go?
      3) Where is the global flood layer?

    • Danny Faulkner
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2, 2005
        Pi wrote:

        Danny R. Faulkner
        a stellar astronomer
        drfaulkn@...
        >>> Three simple questions that no YEC has ever been able to answer adequately:
        1) Where did the water come from?
        2) Where did it go?
        3) Where is the global flood layer?

        Pi, is your key word here "adequately," as in to your 100% satisfaction? All of these questions have been addressed my many different YEC's. Granted, you probably didn't like the answers, but your post almost suggests that these are stumpers that YEC's don't want to talk about. So which is it?
        Danny
      • Mark E Penn
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 2, 2005
          Three simple questions that no YEC has ever been able to answer adequately:
          1) Where did the water come from?
          2) Where did it go?
          3) Where is the global flood layer?

          *** Of course this is yet anoither in a long line of LIES. I have read quite a few reasonable answers to these questions. Of course anything that verifies the Bible as written in your sworn enemy.

          Mark

        • Dave Oldridge
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 2, 2005
            On 2 Sep 2005 at 13:55, Danny Faulkner wrote:

            > Pi wrote:
            >
            > Danny R. Faulkner
            > a stellar astronomer
            > drfaulkn@...
            > 1) Where did the water come from?
            > 2) Where did it go?
            > 3) Where is the global flood layer?
            > >>>>

            > Pi, is your key word here "adequately," as in to your 100%
            satisfaction? All of these questions have been addressed my many
            different YEC's. Granted, you probably didn't like the answers,
            but your post almost suggests that these are stumpers that YEC's
            don't want to talk about. So which is it?

            They have been SUPPOSEDLY addressed. But the claims made in
            addressing them are usually woefully in violation of any number
            of physical laws or imply that the flood heated the earth's
            atmosphere beyond 100C.

            1) Where did the water come from:
            Possible answers:
            a) A vapour canopy---not credible as it would contribute
            to surface pressure and temperature -- parboiled surface.
            b) The "fountains of the deep" -- not credible as it
            would render the flood more earthquake than flood and would also
            result in the release of enough steam to parboil the surface
            life.
            c) Outer space -- while this is the one place we know
            there IS enough water, there is the problem of the kinetic energy
            of its decelleration turning to heat on arrival. Again,
            parboiled surface.

            2) Where did it go:
            Possible answers:
            a) Evaporated in a big wind (as described in Genesis).
            This simply will not work, as it would add to the
            surface pressure.
            b) Ended up in the oceans -- might work but then why does
            Genesis report no seismic activity.

            3) Where is the flood layer:
            The few answers to this all defy various physical
            constraints that a global flood layer must fulil. Do you have
            any better ones than the ones I've seen (which generally include
            most of the fossil record)?

            --
            God is an evolutionist.

            Dave Oldridge
            ICQ 1800667
            VA7CZ

          • Dave Oldridge
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 2, 2005
              On 2 Sep 2005 at 14:47, Mark E Penn wrote:

              > Three simple questions that no YEC has ever been able to answer adequately:
              > 1) Where did the water come from?
              > 2) Where did it go?
              > 3) Where is the global flood layer?
              >

              > *** Of course this is yet anoither in a long line of LIES. I
              have read quite a few reasonable answers to these questions. Of
              course anything that verifies the Bible as written in your sworn
              enemy.

              Then you will no doubt be able to give those REASONABLE answers
              here.

              Why do I doubt that you will...

              --
              God is an evolutionist.

              Dave Oldridge
              ICQ 1800667
              VA7CZ

            • PIASAN@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 3, 2005
                In a message dated 9/2/05 12:56:55 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
                faulkner@... writes:

                Pi wrote:
                >>> Three simple questions that no YEC has ever been able to answer
                adequately:
                1) Where did the water come from?
                2) Where did it go?
                3) Where is the global flood layer?

                Danny:
                Pi, is your key word here "adequately," as in to your 100% satisfaction?
                All of these questions have been addressed my many different YEC's. Granted,
                you probably didn't like the answers, but your post almost suggests that these
                are stumpers that YEC's don't want to talk about. So which is it?

                **********
                Pi:
                Inadequacy on item (1) comes from the fact that all of the YEC explanations
                (runaway subduction, CPT, vapor canopy) require the release of so much heat
                energy that every living thing on the planet would be cooked. In some cases,
                they would be vaporized. Adding the energy released by the latent heat of
                condensation released by a rainfall totaling a mere 1 meter over 40 days to
                that only serves to make a global flood as described in the Bible unsurvivable
                (without divine intervention suspending the laws of physics).... even if you
                have an Ark. In simpler terms, an "adequate" explanation is one that is
                survivable.

                Inadequacy on item (2) comes from the fact that water flows down hill and is
                virtually incompressible. On a planet that is covered with the stuff, there
                is no "down hill" that isn't already filled with water. In short, there is
                no place for the water to go.

                My lack of "satisfaction" on item (3) is that there is no global layer that
                can be clearly identified as a "flood" layer. My expectation would be
                something like the iridium layer at the K-T boundary. If YEC want to claim all
                fossil bearing layers are flood deposits, there is a lot of other explaining to
                do like the sorting of radiometric isotopes and fossil sorting itself.

                That is not to say that YEC aren't working on the problem(s). They are.
                But they're a long way from having viable answers.