Ken Ham's DinosaursTramples Truth (No Big Surprise)

  • scienceandgod2003
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2005
      ****************************
      Q: What are Dinosaurs?
      A: Land Dwelling air breathing Anmials.

      THe article quoted Ken Ham as saying:
      "Dinosaurs were created alongside man around 6,000 years ago."

      The article says:
      Where in the Bible does it say that anyway?

      The Bible doesn't use the word dinasaur, because that word didn't
      exist until sometime in the 1800's (where as the KJV was written
      long before that in 1611... Scripture uses 3 terms that I know of,
      for dinosaurs: dragon, leviathon (read JOb 41) and Behemoth. (After
      my signature, below, I give several scriptures as examples of such).

      The words 'species' and 'genus' didn't exist in 1611 either;
      instead, it used 'kind/kinds' and 'beast'. Genesis 1 to 6 speaks of
      God creating these in a general sort of way.</i>

      So what you guys are saying, the Bible doesn't say there were
      dinosaurs, but you are picking some vague terms and pretending they
      were dinosaurs and hoping someone will find evidence (other than
      mythology and shadowy cave paintings) some day?

      Sounds a lot like people who argue for evolution.

      P.S. The word "dragon" was removed from new translations because it
      was a mistake. Job 41 is an obvious use of figures of speech, if you
      recall 9th grade English.