My theologian is bigger than your theologian

  • astronut82
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2004
      Hey Pennster,

      Why is it okay to quote James Barr to prove your side and then call
      scholars like Gleason Archer and Walt Kaiser heretics when they
      disagree with you?

      Oh wait -- now I remember... it's because what you believe is "the
      word of God." If someone doesn't agree with you, then they have
      compromised the "word of God."

      So even if Barr does not believe Genesis (according to AIG), his view
      is more correct than conservative Christian OT Theologians who hold to
      inerrancy but interpret longer days in Genesis.

      Astronut -- "the worst kind of heretic"