CNV-A Public Response to a Letter

  • Mark E Penn
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2004
      Hello Folks

      Below is a letter from a subscriber. This is a dearly beloved subscriber and sister in the Lord, but it must be posted publicly. WHY? Because I know there are many Christians that feel as this one feels concerning the second paragraph

      The FIRST paragraph is TRUE discernment, but the SECOND paragraph is ERROR in understanding and spiritual judgment.
      THE LETTER

      I watched The Passion of Jesus Christ and it should be named The Passion of
      Mary as the entire movie is focused around her. They portrayed that Jesus
      was afraid and that every time he sees Mary he's strengthened and get
      scourged and beaten by just knowing that she is by his side. And also while
      carrying the cross he can't do it but then Mary tells him I'm here. And even
      when he's crucified he looks at her. The entire movie is very Roman
      Catholic. But to someone who doesn't read their Bible they won't know
      anything. So many of the things were wrong.

      But the only thing I'm happy is that many Arab Muslims are renting this
      movie to see what its all about. God can use the foolish things to reach to
      the lost and if even one Muslim from Kuwait gets saved by watching this
      movie then to me its a box office hit and not for the money that its making.
      One soul is more precious then all the millions that Gibson can make.

      [Editor Comments]
      The Passion of the Christ did not teach/preach the "gospel of Christ. That movie has no saving attributes or value to it at all.

      It can make a person emotionally sorry for Jesus. It can make a person to begin to believe that Mary INDEED played a role in our redemption. That it was SHE and not GOD or an ANGEL that was portrayed as the one strengthening Him. From a CHRISTIAN point of view, and GOD'S point of view it was a "blasphemous" movie.

      This movie, rather that SAVE one Muslim, will send a BUNCHES of poor souls to HELL, WORLD WIDE, because of it's subtly, or cleverly disguised Roman Catholic doctrine.

      What will we trade for ONE MUSLIM SOUL? Innumerable others sent to hell?

      [Excerpts from the Christian New & Views July-August 1999 Newsletter]
      A prostitute in need of drugs can stand on a street corner and preach the gospel in order to "pass the hat" to purchase drugs, and some people may get saved. IT IS THE MESSAGE, NOT THE MESSENGER.

      Do we condone or praise the drug-taking harlot for preaching the gospel? DO WE? MANY people that preach the gospel of Christ will one-day burn in HELL.

      Matt 7:22-23 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. [End of excerpt]

      Would YOU want to watch a half naked prostitute movie and claim, if ONE SOUL is saved because of this movie, it is BOX OFFICE HIT.

      You don't want to look at half naked women under "any" circumstances? Well then, why do you want to look at a half naked Jesus? (The naked buttocks of the actor that played the role of Jesus was shown in the movie. (I read reviews of the movie)

      We are to give glory ONLY to things done GOD'S WAY and stay out of and away from things done the WORLD'S WAY

      If a movie is popular with the world, STAY AWAY. (John 17:16)
      If a man is popular with the world STAY AWAY. (John 15:18-19)

      Andy Neckar-A messenger of Christ
      "Earnestly Contending for the Faith".
      Using the King James Bible, to encourage and instruct Born Again Christians,
      wherever they may be.

      By request, your name will be added to this Email List, and by request it will be removed

      Messengers of Christ Ministries
      On-Line Bi-Monthly Newsletter. Periodic E-Mail News Articles. "Earnestly Contending for the Faith;
      Exposing Deception in Politically Correct Churches"

      Web Page: http://cnview.com/
      E-Mail: andy@....
      Snail Mail: PO Box J Hico, TX 76457
      Phone 1-254-796-4494