Re: [RTB Discussion Group] Mark's PERSONAL moral character

  • kurtstreutker
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 7, 2004
      RTBers, Charleen wrote:

      > Mark, it cuts both ways.

      Charleen, give it up! Mark has conclusively shown that the early
      church fathers were YECs, and mostly 24-hour day believers. This
      shows that Ross was either sloppy or deceitful to claim them as
      allies of his day-age view.

      If you cared about Ross, you would call on him to repent of his
      errors. Sarafati in Refuting Compromise has also clearly documented
      the teachings of the early church on creation days. So why do Ross
      and his supporters continue with their bearing of false witness?

      Charleen (and all OECist) must be more careful in your studies!!!

      --- In RTB_Discussion_Group@yahoogroups.com, charleenlohman
      <charleenlohman@y...> wrote:
      > Mark, it cuts both ways.
      >
      > ~Charleen
      >
      > aigsfavoriteperson <aigsfavoriteperson@y...> wrote:
      > Mark, by your own standards you are now a liar.
      >
      > 1. You have been made aware of your error in calling Kyle a liar
      > 2. You have failed to correct or retract your statement

    • Mark E Penn
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 7, 2004
        RTBers, Charleen wrote:

        > Mark, it cuts both ways.

        Charleen, give it up! Mark has conclusively shown that the early
        church fathers were YECs, and mostly 24-hour day believers. This
        shows that Ross was either sloppy or deceitful to claim them as
        allies of his day-age view.

        If you cared about Ross, you would call on him to repent of his
        errors. Sarafati in Refuting Compromise has also clearly documented
        the teachings of the early church on creation days. So why do Ross
        and his supporters continue with their bearing of false witness?

        Charleen (and all OECist) must be more careful in your studies!!!

        Mark: I always wondered myself why they wouldn't call Ross to the carpet for sloppy or deceitful scholarship instead of attacking the messenger?

        I have always suspected that folks such as Ross get their audience by deciding ahead of time what the answers should be and then searching for proof, either true or not, to back it up. This is the only way that such error can ever get an audience. The venom I have received from the Rossites in here instead of showing us where he has ever retracted his false claims prove it in my mind.

      • aigsfavoriteperson
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 8, 2004
          For new members who may have never read thru the archives here, I
          would like to post a link to a past post of Mark's.

          In addition to the most recent posts that display his high standards,
          morals, and ethical conduct -- this one displays his superior
          scholarship and complete command of the Bible. Clearly we should ALL
          be listening to his every word - after all, he's been displaying his
          superior knowledge, intellect and character here for over 2 years now.

          His comments are at the bottom of the post under "Mark:"
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RTB_Discussion_Group/message/1070

          For the record, he had been corrected (just like recently) multiple
          times on the "lion" thing. He continued on (just like recently) as if
          nothing had happened, and here even attributes it to the wrong book
          (actually books) in the Bible!

          While at first this may seem petty, it's the context... The context
          of repeatedly using it after corrected - especially using it to
          criticize someone else for allegedly making (in his own words
          again) "such simple mistakes".

          So Mark, did you not see my previous post (msg 3548 included below)?

          Where's Kyle's apology even your own fellow YEC has asked for?

          Until you do, I'll post a request for it every time you post.

          --- In RTB_Discussion_Group@yahoogroups.com, "aigsfavoriteperson"
          <aigsfavoriteperson@y...> wrote:
          Mark, by your own standards you are now a liar.

          1. You have been made aware of your error in calling Kyle a liar
          2. You have failed to correct or retract your statement

          Regarding your constant complaint - We are not responsible or
          accountable for what someone else may or may not have said - and
          interpretation comes into play.

          But this is PERSONAL responsibility on your part - and it's cut and
          dried - no complications or questions to leave you any wiggle room.

          Again, you are too little of a man to own up to your careless
          statements - EVEN AFTER CORRECTION.

          By your standards (in past posts) this makes you a liar, I would call
          you a COWARD for not owning up to your mistake.

          This makes you no better than what you complain of -- at best.