Re: Invitation to join CreationEvolutionDesign (CED) list

  • Stephen E. Jones
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2004
      Group

      My name is Stephen E. Jones and I am the Moderator of
      CreationEvolutionDesign (CED):

      I am an old-Earth progressive creationist and a
      member of the Intelligent Design movement. I have
      been debating creation/evolution on the Internet since
      1994 and am in my final year of a Biology degree full-
      time. My home page is at
      http://members.iinet.net.au/~sejones/ .

      The aim of CED is for sharing and discussing creation,
      evolution and design issues, with the aim of
      converging on the truth. Truth-seekers from all
      positions on those issues are welcome.

      The rules of CED are on its home page above. The
      intention of these rules is to encourage debate on the
      *issues* and to discourage personal attacks and
      spoiling tactics of those whose aim is to shut down
      debate.

      CED is an active list averaging over 300 messages a
      month. Membership has grown steadily since its
      beginning in February 2001 (3 years ago) to over 130
      today. CED's archives are public.

      Anyone (with a few exceptions) can join CED and lurk
      if that is all they want to do. However, if a member
      wants to start posting to CED, in their first message
      they will need to introduce themselves by their real
      name (first and last name) or else provide it to myself
      the Moderator *confidentially* (see
      http://members.iinet.net.au/~sejones/cedwelcm.html &
      http://members.iinet.net.au/~sejones/cednwmbr.html).

      To apply to join CED, either push the "Join this Group"
      button on CED's home page:
      or send a message to:
      CreationEvolutionDesign-subscribe@yahoogroups.com .

      This is an invitation to join CED. It is not a call for
      anyone to leave this or any list they are already on.
      Please feel free to post this to any other lists you are a
      member of.

      Looking forward to receiving your application to join
      CED.

      Stephen E. Jones
      MODERATOR