Re: invitation to join CreationEvolutionDesign list

  • Stephen E. Jones
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2003
      Group

      My name is Stephen E. Jones and I am the Moderator of
      CreationEvolutionDesign (CED):

      I am an old-Earth progressive creationist and a member of
      the Intelligent Design movement. I have been debating
      creation/evolution on the Internet since 1994. My home
      page is at: http://members.iinet.net.au/~sejones/ .

      This is an invitation to join CED. It is not a call
      for anyone to leave any list they are already on. Please
      feel free to post this to any other lists you are on.

      The aim of CED is for sharing and discussing creation,
      evolution and design issues, with the aim of converging on
      the truth. Truth-seekers from all positions on those issues
      are welcome.

      The rules of CED are on its home page above and my Moderator's
      rulings and policies are documented for the benefit of new members
      at: http://members.iinet.net.au/~sejones/cedrlngs.html . The
      intention of these rules and rulings is to encourage debate
      on the *issues* and to discourage personal attacks and
      spoiling tactics of those whose aim is to shut down debate
      on these issues.

      CED is an active list averaging over 250 messages a month.
      Membership has grown steadily since its beginning in
      February 2001 to over 90, and its archives are public.

      Applicants for membership will be sent a standard message:
      http://members.iinet.net.au/~sejones/cedlettr.html . Due
      to a former banned member rejoining under a different
      pseudonym, I have had to ask all new members to advise
      me *in strictest confidence* their real name and location,
      and to confirm they accept CED's rules.

      To join CED, either push the "Join this Group" button on
      CED's home page:
      send a message to:
      CreationEvolutionDesign-subscribe@yahoogroups.com .

      Looking forward to hearing from you.

      Stephen E. Jones
      MODERATOR

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 6, 2003
        Group

        My name is Stephen E. Jones and I am the Moderator of
        CreationEvolutionDesign (CED):

        I am an old-Earth progressive creationist and a member of
        the Intelligent Design movement. I have been debating
        creation/evolution on the Internet since 1994 and am
        pursuing a Biology degree full-time. My home page is at:
        http://members.iinet.net.au/~sejones/ .

        The aim of CED is for sharing and discussing creation,
        evolution and design issues, with the aim of converging on
        the truth. Truth-seekers from all positions on those issues
        are welcome.

        The rules of CED are on its home page above. The intention
        of these rules is to encourage debate on the *issues* and
        to discourage personal attacks and spoiling tactics of those
        whose aim is to shut down debate on these issues.

        CED is an active list averaging over 300 messages a month.
        Membership has grown steadily since its beginning in
        February 2001 to over 110, and its archives are public.

        Anyone (with a few exceptions) can now join CED and lurk.
        But if a new member wants to start posting to CED, in
        their first message they will need to introduce themselves
        by their real name (first and last name) or else provide it
        to myself the Moderator *confidentially*

        To join CED, either push the "Join this Group" button on
        CED's home page:
        send a message to:
        CreationEvolutionDesign-subscribe@yahoogroups.com .

        This is an invitation to join CED. It is not a call
        for anyone to leave this or any list they are already on.
        Please feel free to post this to any other lists you are
        a member of.

        Looking forward to receiving your application.

        Stephen E. Jones
        MODERATOR